Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What got you into Graphic Design?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What got you into the wonderful world of graphical design? Was it seeing something on a forum and thinking "Oh my, I would love to recreate that!" , maybe it was simply to learn a new skill that you thought you could never do.

What was your reason? Mine was because I saw a signature on a forum board a few years back and I just though, I need to learn how to make those and it went from there.

Advertisement Placeholder
I wanted to know how to create signatures so I could make one for myself.

From there I improved and eventually started creating my own forum graphics when I started creating my own forums.

Haha, seems alot of us got our roots from sigs eh. I wouldn't have expected that if I am honest!

I was lazy, there was a promotion going on where if you joined a forum they'd design a graphic for you- you guessed it -I wanted a signature. I really do need to learn a lot more about graphics and design, it's on the list.

Well if you're a forum whore like myself, you always want your profile to look good and sometimes other people won't help you out, so you gotta do what you gotta do!

Currently I have a pretty bad banner ad for this place, would love to spend some time and fix it up- make it look a little bit neater. That may increase people coming and looking at the forum......

I got into it like most of you did. I went to this one forum and this one guy ALWAYS made me signatures. (Kind of like how Gytix is to me now haha) He was always nice and a cool dude to talk to and always wanted to keep making bigger and better things. So yeah, that guy was a big inspiration to me. He is now a freelance designer and well, the guy influenced me in what I want to become today.

I then learned the basics from a terrible teacher about a year later then taught myself everything else. It's been a long journey, but I'm getting there.

Nothing ever got me into it, I just sorta.. discovered my love for it.
It probably started once I joined a GFX forum, and became a moderator.

A moment of boredom, so I opened my freshly installed Photoshop to kill some time. And that's how it all began.

I was tired of asking everyone to make me stuff, and bugging people to design different things for me so I decided to take it upon myself to learn. Once I became interested in it, it was a whole new thing, I could create things that were just amazing looking, the first thing I have ever learned to make was these:
and this

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds