Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Self taught or schooled in graphics?

ClicketyKat

Reputable member
Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
How did you learn to do graphics? Are you self-taught or did you have some sort of formal education for it? I went to Art School and learned about graphic and design at a beginner's level. It wasn't until I was out into the advertising and marketing world that I really learned how to do things.

I learnt about graphics from the YouTube. That is where I learn a lot of things that I wish to know about graphics.

I've learned everything on my own. I did try a course but I couldn't cope due to mental health.

HELL YEAH!

Oh Yeah GIF by Adult Swim

I can't exactly do graphics to save my life - but I can usually communicate what I want well enough to people so that when I get something made, it's what I want.

I can also do the occasional touch-up in PS if needed but I'm hardly *good* at it.

I can't exactly do graphics to save my life - but I can usually communicate what I want well enough to people so that when I get something made, it's what I want.

I can also do the occasional touch-up in PS if needed but I'm hardly *good* at it.
Clear communication in graphic design is a talent alone. :p Most people don’t know what they want and it’s just a hit or miss when showing the work to the client.

I think that's because professionally I sit on the other side of the fence and know how frustrated I am with unclear briefs.

I am self-taught using tutorials and videos online. I wouldn't say that I am a pro at creating graphics but I can create basic ones that work for me. Wouldn't be able to sell my skills to be honest unless I looked into learning more when it comes to graphics.

I was self taught with practice, and back in the day of tutorials that were available on deviant art and forums helped quite a bit as well. I lost all the knowledge because I'm out of practice, but it was a lot of fun!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor