Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What does MyBB need?

jyy

Renowned member
Credits
It needs more custom themes, tbh. There simply aren't enough of them. Also, some of the custom themes, like say, one I like, the Go Series by Audenito, hasn't been updated - though it still works well.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are many things that are needed for mybb, but as the developers are already struggling a lot, I wouldn't want to selfish and say everything. Anyway, honestly I believe we need a responsive layout. As mybb 2.0 will be having responsive layout, I am not gonna complain about the present mybb 1.8 series.

I also believe we need a backup tables system like wordpress offers. Well, we could set it weekly and such but it would be great, if it could automatically retrieve a saved one when the forum is down. If this feature exists I am not aware of it and I have googled about this quite a lot.

I would also like to see spoiler in mybb. The plugin available for it is really ugly and I would rather see a nice decent implementation of it rather than using the plugin available.

Alert systems can be confusing. For instance, from what I saw, the server that Minua News uses (mod) - sleeps most of the day - unless you pay 50 USD a month. How is that worth it, when you can just get premium forum software? However, though, I don't think that's really the case - as for what's going on.

Go Series by Audenito, hasn't been updated

I re-checked and it has been. They just don't say it in the listing.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds