Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

The advantage been your own business makes you be a decision maker and makes you work at your own pace while the disadvantages is simple if you lose and fail you are all by your self
One of the things that a business owner would enjoy is the freedom to make decision by himself and decision making and execution is faster,but the disadvantage is that in terms of funding,you will have to bear it alone.

Advertisement Placeholder
One of the things that a business owner would enjoy is the freedom to make decision by himself and decision making and execution is faster,but the disadvantage is that in terms of funding,you will have to bear it alone.

I do not think that there is a disadvantage of being your own boss. However, when you are your own boss, you are the one who is solely responsible for being and pitching the customers.

I do not think that there is a disadvantage of being your own boss. However, when you are your own boss, you are the one who is solely responsible for being and pitching the customers.
In business whether you own the business or you are into joint partnership,there are still disadvantage,example if you have a prospect you want to bit for and you don't have the finance to do it,and the collatoral for the loan is not there,is that not a disadvantage,then the aspect of quality decision is best when many good heads are involved.

The advantage should be much more greater than the disadvantage as long as you are able to have a genuine and successful business.. The only possible disadvantage is that you may not have Time to focus on other things.

Being your own boss is of great advantage that someone being in charge of your own business. being your own boss make you actualise your ideas running in your business mind,help you know the real situation of lost for example and finding a lasting solution to the course

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

My thoughts are that you will be able to decide how you do things, how much time you want, and being able to make the decision on how you would expand what you do. Disadvantage, is the potential for funds being low, and low quality people working for you.
Being a self-employed boss has virtually no severe drawbacks in my opinion since you are effective in handling your company to the greatest extent possible. The only major downside that it could be demanding in the outset.

it's a kind of business that's managed by just one person who makes the business decisions and also "enjoys the profit from the business alone and as well suffer the losses and challenges alone"

There are disadvantages of being your own boss and one of them is that you can't touch the money if the business is not doing well , you might be paying your workers but you can't spend anyhow until the business is stabilized.

That should be on the definition of what an entrepreneur is and that's being responsible for the losses and profits you make while doing the business alone.

Being your own boss gives you the freedom to make decisions and work at your own pace, but the disadvantage is that if you lose and fail, you are on your own.

The only benefit I am aware of is that you will have many opportunities to do so, as well as complete control over the business's profit and all other resources. There are no significant drawbacks other than the need for substantial finance and strong managerial abilities. Just that.

The advantage should be much more greater than the disadvantage as long as you are able to have a genuine and successful business.. The only possible disadvantage is that you may not have Time to focus on other things.

Definitely, advantages of being your own boss are certainly much more. When you become your own boss, no one is there to dictate you. However, you yourself make polcies and get disappointed when you do not reach the target.

I believe the definition of a sole proprietorship, which is a type of business where one person manages all aspects of operations, provides the solution. A sole proprietor enjoys the benefit from the firm alone and as well suffers the losses and problems alone, according to the definition.

Definitely, advantages of being your own boss are certainly much more. When you become your own boss, no one is there to dictate you. However, you yourself make polcies and get disappointed when you do not reach the target.
Well I will try to make rules and regulations on things I know I can be able to achieve and if I have a target of what to achieve I'll try doing so before the end of the day , except it is beyond my power. Comfortability is the reason why so many people are interested to be their own personal business manager.

One of the motivators for many people to start their own businesses is the desire to be able to do whatever they want, when they want. Yes, the sensation is pleasant, but the challenge that it entails is enormous.

Being your own boss gives you the freedom to make decisions and work at your own pace, but the disadvantage is that if you lose and fail, you are on your own.
The ability of being able to make decisions that you think will be the best for your company is the best feelings ever , you will have the final say over everything and people will be taking orders from you .

As a business owner, the risk and responsibilities in the business will always be on your shoulder. But it will be your responsibility to manage your business properly and as such if this can be done genuinely . The advantage will be far more better than the disadvantage.

By being your own boss you are greatly in control of your time, efforts and earnings.
Time is one of the most valuable gift we have that can never be recovered if lost.

The money and the responsibility is the difference, when you are the owner of your business , you just dont have the right to keep taking money anyhow when you know the business is still struggling , and you are also in charge of all the responsibility of your business.

Flexibility in terms of choosing your own work hours and schedule is one of the benefits. the capacity to decide for yourself in business. possibility of bigger earnings with successful business endeavors selecting collaborators and tasks to undertake being able to follow your hobbies and passions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds