Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

My thoughts are that you will be able to decide how you do things, how much time you want, and being able to make the decision on how you would expand what you do. Disadvantage, is the potential for funds being low, and low quality people working for you.

Advertisement Placeholder
The advantage been your own business makes you be a decision maker and makes you work at your own pace while the disadvantages is simple if you lose and fail you are all by your self

being your own boss empowers you with the opportunity to give orders and build your business exactly the way you want it to be

The advantages of being my own boss is the fact that I'll have freedom and I'm not accountable to anyone. And the disadvantage is that you bear the risk alone, you're not sure of the same income every month and if you don't work hard to manage your business, it'll fail

I think the answer to this question lies in the definition of sole proprietorship, it's a kind of business that's managed by just one person who makes the business decisions and also "enjoys the profit from the business alone and as well suffer the losses and challenges alone"

The Advantage and the disadvantage of being your own boss.
The advantages are;
you can make use of your own time.
you can have a flexible schedule.
you can follow your own instincts.
you are not answerable to any third person.
you can maintain a good work balance.
you don't have to try to impress anyone.
you have more self confidence and more job satisfaction.
THE REVERSE IS THE CASE AS IT HAS TO DO WITH WORKING FOR SOMEONE.

The disadvantages are;
you might feel alone.
you won't have someone to guide you.
your income is unlikely to be very steady.
it often involves working around the clock.

Personally I don't really see any serious disadvantage of being your own boss because you are the one that is likely to control your business and managed to the best way you can, the only thing is that it might be stressful at the beginning that is all.

My thoughts are that you will be able to decide how you do things, how much time you want, and being able to make the decision on how you would expand what you do. Disadvantage, is the potential for funds being low, and low quality people working for you.
Being the boss shows that you have learnt how to manage your time and you have being effective in what you do. Disadvantage might be government policy affecting the business

The advantage of being the boss of your business is the 100% commitment you will applied in order to make your business a successful one. The disadvantage might be on lack of experiences which is one of the reasons why peoples employ others to run their business.

The advantage of being your boss is the have that freedom to make decisions, work and grow at your pace. The major disadvantage of being your boss is most times is raising capital to start or expand the business.

I would tell you that one advantage of being your own boss is that, you will not work under pressure! You can close or dismiss for the day at your own convenience, no delay or deduction in salary too.

S.noPros of Being Your Own BossCons of Being Your Own Boss
1Can take own time to do thingsYou might feel alone
2You can have a flexible scheduleYou won’t have someone to guide you
3You can follow your own instinctsIt might make you lazy and lax in your work style
4You are not answerable to any third personYou have many things to take care off on your own
5Whatever profits you make is your ownYour income is unlikely to be very steady
6You can maintain a good work-life balanceIf things go wrong you have to blame yourself
7You don’t have to deal with tantrums of bossIt often involves working round the clock
8You don't have to try and impress someoneYou will miss perks which employees otherwise get
9It is sure to give you more self confidenceYou might feel isolated
10More job satisfactionInitial stages will be very tough

Benefits or Advantages of Being your Own Boss:​

1. You can take your own time to do things:​

One of the biggest boons of being your own boss is that you can take your own time to get a job done. You need not bother yourself with trying to keep up with a deadline.
Working with a deadline is a source of great anxiety as well as stress to employees and once you have this worry off your back, you can actually focus on the task which is at hand and give it your all.
It often happens that in a hurry to complete the job you are unable to do justice to the task, but when you are your own boss you can take as long as you want in order to get the task done in a perfect manner.

2. You can have a flexible schedule:​

Those individuals, who are lucky enough to be their own boss, have a very flexible schedule. They can do whatever they want and whenever they want to do it.
Unlike other people who are forced to be productive during 9-5, such people can work as and when they feel like.

There are several advantages that can accrued to when you are a boss of your own as you will be the only one that will be taking the decisions for your business and you can determine when you will be going to your business or work but the only disadvantage I can say with being your own boss is you will take the loss if there are any in your business by yourself without involving anyone.

The major advantage of being your own boss is the fact that things can be done your own way, you can set your working time according to your own personal timetable, why the only disadvantage I see in this is that when things goes wrong, you have to carry the after effect of it

It is very obvious that being the boss will make you take decisions on your own, schedule events and work at your own pace. You are not answerable to anyone. You decide when to close from work. You are not pressurized to do anything. And so many other advantages. That is my view.

The freedom to make your own choice at anytime without influence from anybody, you can also have a timetable to created time for holidays and rest and the fear of making mistakes are low because there is no fear of influence from superior.

The advantage of being ones boss is that you get to be the decision maker, you work at your own pace,the successes is solely yours,while the disadvantage include bearing the financial burden alone, bearing the failure of the business alone.

Being a boss of your self will help you influence your innovation ideas and positive thoughts and it will make you get self confidence

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds