Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you think about companies/celebs creating Kickstarters?

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
I don't know if you guys have noticed it, but I've seen a few celebrities, like Lil Wayne, creating Kickstarters for projects they can already afford. The same goes for a couple companies ... they start a kickstarter even though they can afford to create the content themselves.

What are your thoughts on this? Is it fair game, and if someone wants to kickstart something, then they should be able to? Or should Kickstarter lock out celebrities and big businesses and let kickstarter be for the people who actually need it?

Advertisement Placeholder
Kinda sickens me.
Because they are already famous, people will through in money as they already have a nice following. Kickstarter is suppose to be used for those who are in need of funds to start projects in which they would not be able to without a loan or investment.

I think the whole idea of lil wayne who has millions already, to start a kick starter for his needs is a little shameful.

It simply shows what kind of people we idolize and/or support with our hard-earned money. If I'd be the head of kickstarter, I'd ban major companies and/or celebrities from being able to use kickstarter for any of their projects or assemble a team who'd check the validity of the started kickstarters.

It simply shows what kind of people we idolize and/or support with our hard-earned money. If I'd be the head of kickstarter, I'd ban major companies and/or celebrities from being able to use kickstarter for any of their projects or assemble a team who'd check the validity of the started kickstarters.

I guess in a business perspective If I was the Owner of Kick Starter I would not do that. I can see why they allow it. Look at the much more publicity they get if more famous people use it or big companies. They bring more users to kickstarter which in turn, gains kickstarter more money.

I guess in a business perspective If I was the Owner of Kick Starter I would not do that. I can see why they allow it. Look at the much more publicity they get if more famous people use it or big companies. They bring more users to kickstarter which in turn, gains kickstarter more money.
Even so. Personally I prefer not to support abusers and companies/celebrities that use kickstarter to fund projects that they can already fund themselves are abusers in my eyes. That's why I'd end it all if I'd be in charge.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds