Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Engagement Strategies What do you do when you're burned out and so is your staff?

For sharing and discussing ways to keep the community active and engaged.
It's a great question. Burn out is going to happen. It's awful when everyone is feeling burn out all at the same time though! I definitely would try to bring the fun out for you and perhaps the team. Maybe a small event, gaming, competition between people such as flash games used to be my favorite as a little "break". Talking on a messenger application could be a fun break as well.

Definitely agree content bundles are helpful when everyone is lacking in posting, but sometimes you gotta hit the staff engagement side of it and just make it more fun to hang out together! Maybe you're feeling burn out because you are feeling unsuccessful, well it would also be a good time to brainstorm what could make the community better. Ask your community this, ask for feedback here on Admin Junkies or similar communities.

Can't do everything on your own!

What I do is take a break and don't visit the site for a day or two. I'd also ask if the staff members who are dealing with burnout could do the same, stepping away for a very short period of time will help. I do this with running my websites and even just playing games or browsing the internet. If I feel like I'm not enjoying my time spent on things, taking a break helps. It is a good idea to give a heads up of course, you don't want to look like you've just decided to abandon your site.

What I do is take a break and don't visit the site for a day or two. I'd also ask if the staff members who are dealing with burnout could do the same, stepping away for a very short period of time will help. I do this with running my websites and even just playing games or browsing the internet. If I feel like I'm not enjoying my time spent on things, taking a break helps. It is a good idea to give a heads up of course, you don't want to look like you've just decided to abandon your site.
Yeah, ensure you communicate.
I’ve been given a telling off for neglecting to inform staff when I was going on holiday :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest