Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you do if your salary is delayed?

Niyi

Reputable member
Credits
Some bosses can be funny. They won't want to pay the salary of the staff on the due date. They might want to delay it for a day or two?

What do you do if your salary is delayed. As for me, when my payment date is due, I don't go to work again till they pay me.

Advertisement Placeholder
Some bosses can be funny. They won't want to pay the salary of the staff on the due date. They might want to delay it for a day or two?

What do you do if your salary is delayed. As for me, when my payment date is due, I don't go to work again till they pay me.
If they have a reasonable excuse or they have a problem that they can not pay, then it is ok, I will wait two or three days but if they are not paying without any reason then I will do the same as you.

I don't think we can do anything in that and should have some other source to earn from or have savings so that we won't be late in the repayment of any EMIs or fees.

In the university where I am working, there is always a delay in salaries for some workers who are in job order and casuals. It is a government-run university so there are many procedures like contracts for the Commission on Audit. And it takes time for HR to prepare. They just wait patiently.

Our online earnings do help us in those cases and that's why we need to save our online earnings and part of our offline earnings so that we have some sort of back up if our salaries are delayed.

@Salt, that is true, we need to save our earnings online so that when worst comes to worst, we won't feel insecure because we have savings, the earnings from our online jobs. It is very beneficial to have jobs online big or small as long as we are paid, that is money already.

@Salt, that is true, we need to save our earnings online so that when worst comes to worst, we won't feel insecure because we have savings, the earnings from our online jobs. It is very beneficial to have jobs online big or small as long as we are paid, that is money already.
Because we don't like to face any trouble at the hands of our current employer better to adjust and have some savings so we don't feel the heat till our salary arrives

I don't think we can do anything in that and should have some other source to earn from or have savings so that we won't be late in the repayment of any EMIs or fees.
The only thing we can do is to plead with them so that our salary will not be delayed anymore

There are employees that get mad without knowing the real reason why salary is late. There might be problem of signatories. The salary certainly comes.

There are employees that get mad without knowing the real reason why salary is late. There might be problem of signatories. The salary certainly comes.
The employees will not even do their jobs very well if they do not get paid

Employees are paid there are times in delay of lacking signatories of the heads. There are cases like that heads on vacation for some days and none imprimatur to sign in lieu of their absence.

Employees are paid there are times in delay of lacking signatories of the heads. There are cases like that heads on vacation for some days and none imprimatur to sign in lieu of their absence.
That is aside
I hope you know that there are some companies that purposely delay payment

It's better to have some savings so that we can use that money in case of an emergency and we should work on developing new ways to earn to do well

It's better to have some savings so that we can use that money in case of an emergency and we should work on developing new ways to earn to do well
Agree, it is not only savings, at least there is a small business that earns daily. It is hard to rely only on the salary. We are only a one-day millionaire.

Having some savings will save us from a lot of stress like it saved me a few days ago

If our salary is delayed, we can apply for a cash advance that is if granted, if not we can borrow money from our siblings. But the best is to save some for rainy days. There is no forever of salary always on time.

I am someone who does not like to take loans so I prefer to wait till I get paid or I should spend from my savings
If our salary is delayed, we can apply for a cash advance that is if granted, if not we can borrow money from our siblings. But the best is to save some for rainy days. There is no forever of salary always on time.

This is where our savings come to our rescue and I don't like people that keep asking money from others and they should spend wisely

Our online earnings do help us in those cases and that's why we need to save our online earnings and part of our offline earnings so that we have some sort of back up if our salaries are delayed.
That's why everyone should have a side hustle like an online work. My online work has really helped me in such situations.

It surely helps as there are websites that do pay us instantly and this way we can get paid from them when we need money urgently

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds