Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What dev server are you using?

Docker build, many containers that get proxied through nginx so I can have everything easily on port 80.

I run mainly Windows Apache MySQL PHP. GUI file management and interface jsut way easier for me and I like windows permissions better. Some projects I do run on Linux Centos/Debian.
But for all It is just self insalled packages. No control panels or bundle used. I feel like I have the most control and able to use the latest versions of the software.

XAMPP when on Windows and LAMP on Linux.

Let's me do everything that I need :).
You know, you can now use Docker composer (I have a couple pretty solid compose files for examples) and WSL2 and you do not even need a Linux build for testing... Just sayin..

You know, you can now use Docker composer (I have a couple pretty solid compose files for examples) and WSL2 and you do not even need a Linux build for testing... Just sayin..
If I only used Linux for that reason.. sure. I tend to use it as my daily desktop driver on occasion aswell :). OpenSuse specifically.

I don't bother with installing a webserver on my dev machine, I just use built-in webservers in the IDE. Sometimes stuff Im working on has its own webserver such as in the case of node.

But you'll see mariadb wherever I go. Always need to run a test database locally.

If I have to, then LEMP is the only way.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor