Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What are the common SEO mistakes?

Missing alt text is one of the common seo mistakes. People use images just as decoration. But if they add alt text, the images can also be one of the traffic source.

Advertisement Placeholder
The point you raised should be taken very seriously. Most bloggers still make one or two mistakes from the points you have raised

Actually, most of the bloggers are not making just 1 or 2 mistakes, in fact they are making a lot of mistakes. That's why they are unable to rank high on search engines.

Building backlinks on the sites that are not even ranked on the first 10 pages on search engines is one of the greatest mistakes people commit these days.

* Forgetting that faster is better. The first thing we'd like to touch on his site speed...
*Trying to rank for the wrong keywords.
*failing to invite people to visit your site.
*Neglacting to write awesome content.
*No call to action for your visitors..
*In short...
*No thinking ahead :The future is mobile....
,Yeah... I have seen people mentioned more about keywords, without knowing that using it wrongly, can cause your website not to bring enough traffic.

Building backlinks on the sites that are not even ranked on the first 10 pages on search engines is one of the greatest mistakes people commit these days.
True indeed. People are so desperate to build backlinks that they drop links any where even on the site that does not have enough content and does not rank on search engine

Anyone who want to do search engine optimisation this will always target the right audience. I getting the right audience will definitely make you to get the right traffic.

The first mistake is not doing competitive analysis on the keyword you are about to target. You may end up choosing an high competitive keyword and this might take forever to rank. Next mistake is to engage in black hat link building and this may attract Google penalty for your website.

I think the most common mistake in seo is doing it the old way or the wrong way. Search engines normally update their ranking algorithms so one has to be updated or you lag behind. Readers experience matters most now.

One of the common SEO mistakes me by newbies is that they failed to spend time researching easy to rank keywords. Some people try to write duplicate content and this can hurt their ranking and attracts Google penalty.

Backlinks should be built on all internal pages. Let say you have 3 pages and 10 posts. You need to build pages for all these pages and posts. Sadly, one of the common mistakes people do is building backlinks only for the home page.

Speed for your website is a very important key in SEO actually as you have said the faster the better. Also ranking for the wrong keywords is a total disaster

One of the most common mistakes in SEO is target competitive keywords. This usually happens you don't do keyword research properly. You will discover lots less competitive keywords if you know how to do keyword research very will.

Even if you publish high quality content, you will make SEO mistake if your content features saturated topic. If you are publishing on the topics that are widely covered on the internet, you do not have a chance of getting high rank

One fairly common mistake that people often make in search engine optimisation is that they do not make their site responsive and that is a very important metric.

One of the biggest some website/blog owners make is that they take no action against people who continuously spam their website with totally irrelavant spamming links. This harms SEO.

The most common thing that makes a business person to fail is miss misplacement of priorities,second in ability to relate well with workers and making workers happy as well

The biggest SEO mistake is not doing enough keywords research to know the exact keywords that is trending in your niche or industry. If you fail in this just forget about ranking your website on different search engine

* Forgetting that faster is better. The first thing we'd like to touch on his site speed...
*Trying to rank for the wrong keywords.
*failing to invite people to visit your site.
*Neglacting to write awesome content.
*No call to action for your visitors..
*In short...
*No thinking ahead :The future is mobile....
I am planning to have my website but I am still faces with the challenge on how to get good traffic with the website.
What do you mean by wrong keywords?

Even though I am not doing any SEO at the moment or even know how it works, but I am interested in learning about it. So far I am beginning to learn so many things about website from discussions of educated members of this great forum. Thanks for sharing.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds