Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Are Some Mistakes Trainers Make While training Employees?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
There are many companies that tend to hire trainers. Trainers are usually those people who have been working for the organisation for a long time. They have been a part of the organisation for a long time. However, this does not necessarily mean that they cannot make mistakes when it comes to training people. So, what are some of the common mistakes trainers make?

Advertisement Placeholder
Trainers frequently make errors when training employees, including expecting the wrong trainers to train properly, tackling training as a one-time job ,failing to understand the underlying reasons of the training, utilizing outmoded teaching materials, struggling to provide regular feedback, excessively depending on technology, and failing to inspire employee satisfaction.

Well sometimes the wrong people are been employed for the right position which makes it very difficult for them to be able to discharge their duty. they might be working for a long period of time, but with little skills to teach others.

There are many companies that tend to hire trainers. Trainers are usually those people who have been working for the organisation for a long time. They have been a part of the organisation for a long time. However, this does not necessarily mean that they cannot make mistakes when it comes to training people. So, what are some of the common mistakes trainers make?

I've actually seen some trainers that don't really know exactly what they are doing when it comes to training new employees and this will directly affect what those new recruits will do on the job. This is why it is very important to hire experts to train your new recruits.

Well some of the mistakes most trainers have will training people, is that they always picture themselves in the person they are training instead of picturing someone as if he doesn't know anything and want to learn from you.

When training employees, trainers can make a variety of mistakes, including failing to set expectations, failing to adequately prepare for the training, failing to provide enough feedback and support, failing to tailor the training to each employee's needs, failing to offer enough practice and reinforcement, and failing to assess the training's effectiveness.

I cannot talk for others but I once had a trainer who was less skilled than me, even his language was poorer compared to mine. I just gave up that position where I was supposed to work under inferior people.

Many employers that I know are not patience when training new employees. They assume that you should know one aspect of the job while it will be better for them to start from the scratch and explain better.

It's why most of them make the mistake of having poorly trained staff working in their company. I have experienced that on more than one occasion with call centre representatives who doesn't know what they are doing at all.

Some trainers train their employees with the old method of running the business and there is another method which they are supposed to teach them but they fail to do so

There are alot of mistakes that are always make during training. sometimes the wrong person or people are employed to trained the right people at the right time.

The reason why you are a trainer is to train other people to be expert in where they have difficulties. Being a trainer does not mean that you have to abuse those u are training , that's the mistake some trainers are always guilty of especially over here.

Most employee pretend as they have known it all when they are being trained by the trainer and after being employed , they started showing their lapses with the work they are being given , which the trainer should have given them proper monitoring during training .

Most employee pretend as they have known it all when they are being trained by the trainer and after being employed , they started showing their lapses with the work they are being given , which the trainer should have given them proper monitoring during training .
The ego is relatively bad and it lands alot into failure. It takes significant Level of humility to learn, especially for beginners. It's only a foolish person that would think they know it all.

A good example of a mistake trainers make while training employees is assuming they already know something or they ought to know something. This is the reason while most trainees have little knowledge about the work.

One of the common mistakes trainers make is not following up on trainees to know if they are still up to speed with what they were trained about. It can lead to unsustained improvement.

I've actually seen some trainers that don't really know exactly what they are doing when it comes to training new employees and this will directly affect what those new recruits will do on the job. This is why it is very important to hire experts to train your new recruits.
Anybody who is in such as its position in a business venture and does not know what he or she is doing, then such a business is in danger. A business venture should always have a way of determining performances on their employees.

I believe one mistake most trainers make when it comes to training others is to make things too easy. They do not want to offend does who hired them, so they end up making things too easy just to please does who employed them.

Actually there are alot of mistakes that are made by trainers such as lack of proper instruction concerning personal relationship at the cost of training.

Sometimes they takes personal relationship more what it's supposed to be thought.

One mistake that a trainer could do is teaching analog ways of doing things. We know how technology is dynamic and there are new ways of doing things. A trainer should be updated with digital skills so as to teach those to workers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds