Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What Are Some Mistakes Trainers Make While training Employees?

Some trainers usually forget to plan for different learners styles, failing to get feedback from their students and following up, not doing pretraining checks and preparation, seeing training as one-off and not upselling, related courses, talking non-stop as the trainer, etc.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most trainers always shows their trainee the basic of the work , they don't show them everything because they don't want them to surpass him or her which is not the right thing to do .

I believe one mistake most trainers make when it comes to training others is to make things too easy. They do not want to offend does who hired them, so they end up making things too easy just to please does who employed them.
I think only weak people do such kind of thing. Whenever you are training people you need to follow procedures in doing so in order to achieve the best result. Trying not to offend them is not actually a good decision because they will not learn well.

One of the mistake I observed some trainer make is expecting the new workers, those they are training, to understand in a day the concept that took them years to understand. I had a training with one man last year and I got tired of his unprofessional training method.

One mistake I think, is when employers have their young staff train a new employee in. I think the best person to train a new employee is someone in power, like the boss, or a manager who has been there for a while. But not someone who's only been there for a few weeks. Maybe the limit should be at least a couple months so the employee is capable of training on new staff.

I believe that most of the trainers always look at the certificate presented to them by the employees. Ultimately, it will be very difficult for such employee to cope sometimes because they lack the practical knowledge on how to make the business successful.

I think only weak people do such kind of thing. Whenever you are training people you need to follow procedures in doing so in order to achieve the best result. Trying not to offend them is not actually a good decision because they will not learn well.

I think that overwhelming the trainees is also one of the major mistakes many trainers make in the first place. A trainee must not be overburdened in the first place.

Most Trainers are actually very good at what they do. Just that You might be good at what you do and you would be unable to transfer the knowledge to someone else. Most Trainers do not explain in details to New employees.

They make mistakes by seeing everyone equally whereas we have different ways of understand a particular pattern. As a trainer, you need to develop skills to reach your trainees in different styles for better understanding.

Some trainers are good in their field but lack ability to express themselves before trainees.
Also, trainers must realize that trainees are just beginners, therefore, the trainers must come to their level by not using strong terminologies trainees don't understand.

I think that overwhelming the trainees is also one of the major mistakes many trainers make in the first place. A trainee must not be overburdened in the first place.
So overwhelming the trainees is one of the major things you need to avoid if you want them to learn properly. It will make so many of them to be very much confused and not be able to learn effectively.

So overwhelming the trainees is one of the major things you need to avoid if you want them to learn properly. It will make so many of them to be very much confused and not be able to learn effectively.

I joined an international company and i always felt that they made the mistake of overwhelming their employees. This led me to quite the company. Their job timings were also quite odd.

I joined an international company and i always felt that they made the mistake of overwhelming their employees. This led me to quite the company. Their job timings were also quite odd.
I will personally not do a job that overwhelms me. That will probably not let me to grow in such a job and you will always not have my own personal time. I think such businesses have a very big problem in training their employees.

One of the mistake I observed some trainer make is expecting the new workers, those they are training, to understand in a day the concept that took them years to understand. I had a training with one man last year and I got tired of his unprofessional training method.
The most mistakes those trainer make is that they don't teach their trainees everything because they don't want th trainee to surpass them , they still want them to come back for advise .

-Overloading with information: Providing too much information in a single training session can overwhelm employees and hinder their ability to absorb and retain knowledge. Trainers should break down complex concepts into manageable chunks and allow employees time to process and practice what they have learned.
-Neglecting individual learning styles: People have different learning styles, such as visual, auditory, or kinesthetic. Trainers should incorporate a variety of teaching methods and materials to cater to different learning preferences and maximize employee engagement and understanding.

-Overloading with information: Providing too much information in a single training session can overwhelm employees and hinder their ability to absorb and retain knowledge. Trainers should break down complex concepts into manageable chunks and allow employees time to process and practice what they have learned.
-Neglecting individual learning styles: People have different learning styles, such as visual, auditory, or kinesthetic. Trainers should incorporate a variety of teaching methods and materials to cater to different learning preferences and maximize employee engagement and understanding.

You are very correct with this assessment because I completely agree with it when it comes to overloading people with so much information all at once that they can be able to process it. This will end up being a complete waste of time because they will not be able to analyse all of them and make use of it adequately.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds