Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What are key skills for business development?

When starting a business we tend to look more into the capital and business plan which are very important tools to guide the business to success but there are other important key skills required to keep the business up and maintain over a long period of time. Few of the skills are
Creativity skills: once a business has been established one must take note of trends and evolution around so as to adjust the way things are being done. You don’t have to limit your business to one route or line of production. Creative thinking is essential to keep business on track
Other skills includes Analytical, Organizational skills.

What other key skills do you think a business need to help develop and Keep disrupting the market?
The skill needed are convincing skill if you are able to convince a customer to biy your goods i think your market will be develop

Advertisement Placeholder
Key skills to my business development so far are;
Good communication between me and my customers.
Rebranding of my products.
Attending business seminars.
Investing.
Good organisational skills.
Etc

I think persuasive and good customer relations skills are also very important to the success of a business. Keeping your customers happy and satisfied will make them to continue to patronize your business.

A strategy you can employ for your business development is the act of reinvesting your profits back into the business especially for a baby business that has a lot to be improved on.

One of the key to business development is consistent sales. Consistent sales will bring about more profit in your business endeavours and give you a chance to expand. A business that doesn't make sense may not be able to survive on long time.

Well firstly you need the capital and then you also need the skills and the marketing knowledge in order to make the business a huge success and you also need to strategize

A successful businessman should be somebody who has great analytical skills to be able to identify opportunities to make profit in the market. You should also be somebody that can maintain good relationship with people around him.

When starting a business we tend to look more into the capital and business plan which are very important tools to guide the business to success but there are other important key skills required to keep the business up and maintain over a long period of time. Few of the skills are
Creativity skills: once a business has been established one must take note of trends and evolution around so as to adjust the way things are being done. You don’t have to limit your business to one route or line of production. Creative thinking is essential to keep business on track

What other key skills do you think a business need to help develop and Keep disrupting the market?
As good as the issue of creativity and ingenuity on the part of setting up a business is concerned,good managerial acumen to effectivelly manage operational proceses and capacity to manage personel is very important.Customer aqusition strategy is another.

I think some of the essential skills are having business mindset, a desire to improve life quality, a desire to make more profits, and having the ability to assess and handle tough situations.

There are a lot of keys to business development some of which are; enough capital, relationship, man power, expansion opportunity, understanding the market, ability to get the product to the customers in time and consistent in the products and services quality and quantity.
You've just said it all. One important factor is the quality of services rendered and goods. Improving this could singlehandedly change the situation of the business

This is one thing most businesses fail to notice. Sometimes a potential customer might just be after the quality of goods and services produced and not after persuasive or branding aspect.
You've just said it all. One important factor is the quality of services rendered and goods. Improving this could singlehandedly change the situation of the business.

Self development would generally help your business development.
As a business owner, it is of importance to keep undergoing trainings that would make you better at your business.

This is one thing most businesses fail to notice. Sometimes a potential customer might just be after the quality of goods and services produced and not after persuasive or branding aspect.
I once got recommended to particular brand of goods. I got the product at discounted price and ended up regretting. I had to dump and get myself a better one

of key competencies
  • Business awareness. Knows what we do and how we do it. ...
  • Customer orientation. Identifies and prioritises customer needs and recognises constraints. ...
  • Analysis/problem solving. ...
  • Quick thinking/learning. ...
  • Team work. ...
  • Communication. ...
  • Self confidence/resilience. ...
  • Judgement/decision

The skill needed are convincing skill if you are able to convince a customer to biy your goods i think your market will be develop
You're right about that. That's why most people do well to improve on their communicative skills which is essential for persuading customers to trust and patronize your products and services

I think persuasive and good customer relations skills are also very important to the success of a business. Keeping your customers happy and satisfied will make them to continue to patronize your business.
Definitely true. Another aspect to be worked on is self discipline and good money management skills. Some entrepreneurs are not just good with money.

Below are the key skills and characteristics that you must be able to exhibit if you are looking to progress your career in business development.
* Creative skills.
Whether it is seeing new ways existing opportunities could be developed, or finding completely new routes to market, creative thinking is essential for the role.

*Analytical skills.
For business development, however, this creativity must be built on the bedrock of an analytical mind. You will need to use market research and sales data to present opportunities to stakeholders and you will need to quickly understand what makes commercial sense to pursue and what could potentially cost more to explore than it could ever bring in.

*Communication skills.
Business development is not for those who like to work alone.
You will need to obtain support from senior management, marketing, finance and product or service teams. You may be required to coordinate with account managers and sales teams whose traditional priorities and focus lie elsewhere.

* Negotiation skills.
New business always requires new terms, and it will be your responsibility to ensure that the terms agreed upon are favourable to your organisation. Communication skills will gain you a foot through the door – but having negotiation skills will ensure the door is kept opened for future growth.
Creativity is one if the skill in which the business owner must have in other tondevelop his or her business, also a good interpersonal relationship with your customers will go along way.

Definitely true. Another aspect to be worked on is self discipline and good money management skills. Some entrepreneurs are not just good with money.
This is so true. Financial discipline can help a business to grow. Some entrepreneurs do not have this skill and they spend profits of their business on things that don't really matter.

The major key to a business 1 creativity
skills 2. capital 3 man power 4.expansion opportunity 5 understanding the market 6 quality and quantity.

There are a lot of keys to business development some of which are; enough capital, relationship, man power, expansion opportunity, understanding the market, ability to get the product to the customers in time and consistent in the products and services quality and quantity.
Capital is very necessary for any business development because without the money is going to be very difficult for you to actually start and run the business successfully.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds