Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Walmart vs Target

Advertisement Placeholder
Where I used to live, Target (Tar Jay we would pronounce it for fun) was the better of the two. Where I live now, the nearest Target is 45 minutes away and we have a Walmart in town so I have to go with that. My local Walmart here is much better and cleaner but it's also less crowded. My daughter and I went on Black Friday around 9am or so and we were surprised that there were less than a dozen cars in the parking lot! Crazy.

I've been to both on my trips to the US and I honestly couldn't tell them apart in any meaningful way.

I don't recall blue light specials - I recall KMart in general though!
They would set up a blue rotating (originally) light with a siren and have "special deals" on display. Sometimes they were even worth buying. :D
It was a gimmick that they had when I was growing up and even into adulthood.

They would set up a blue rotating (originally) light with a siren and have "special deals" on display. Sometimes they were even worth buying. :D
It was a gimmick that they had when I was growing up and even into adulthood.
Wow. That's interesting! I think that would be an interesting thing to watch happen then!

Then again I just remember the best advertising jingle for such a place that I ever encountered.

"The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

Back in the day, someone saying they "got a blue light special" meant they got something for cheap....
Then again I just remember the best advertising jingle for such a place that I ever encountered.

"The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."
I see you are a fan of the Evil Dead franchise.. I REALLY wish it was more widely available on streaming... campy? Yep... but ALL of the franchise was fun to watch. Bruce Campbell is an under-appreciated actor in my opinion.

"YOU GOT THAT!!" XD

Great Movie.

I do not like going out into places with a-lot of people.. If I need to get groceries, I go to Winn Dixe.(Or use Instacart) If I need something else, I shop online lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds