Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Upselling and Cross-selling

Adventurer

Mythical member
Credits
What is Upselling? Upselling is a marketing strategy where you attempt to sell a more expensive type of a product a customer wants to buy or owns already. For instance, pitching a phone with better specifications that costs more to someone who wants to buy a less expensive one.

While Cross-selling is selling products that are in the same category or complement an existing or new product. For example someone who buys a phone, will need a phone screen protector or phone pouch.

These 2 strategies are fantastic ways to grow your revenues and increase your turnover.

So do you Upsell or Cross-sell?

Share your experience.

Advertisement Placeholder
I did tried up selling and cross selling, but I was not very successful. In order to become successful with sales, you need to be a good marketer and have to spend a lot of money in marketing.

In my country in most of the businesses, salesmen usually apply cross-selling, they have the power to convince customers to buy what they want and not what they actually went to buy. This is as long as the buyer has the amount of money, but they are very good as sellers.

Cross selling is common. People always try to woo you to buy complement gadgets for whatever you are buying. Please, do the two terms applicable to marketing or which area do they belong?

I have come across this dangerous activities of some online platforms trying to upsell me with their product. You buy one product only to be told that the complete functionality is in buying the next product and on and on. So crazy and evil

I'm busy with upsellig business and I don't find any problem with it. In actual sense the clients always give me ideas how to upgrade the products as to draw more customers.

Upselling and cross-selling are very good ways to make sales in your business and I started as turning in my phone repair shop last week and it has been so effective as a strategy for me to sell.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds