Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Upgrading software

Advertisement Placeholder
Normally keep as up to date as I can, normally update a week or so after it's released.

It depends on how much of a pain it is to upgrade the software. For software like WordPress where you can update your software or plugins with a couple clicks, I always have my sites up to date. For other software, such as phpBB, the answer would probably be no. It's a lot of pain to get them updated, and I don't really even have the skills for the job. :neutral:

It depends on how much of a pain it is to upgrade the software. For software like WordPress where you can update your software or plugins with a couple clicks, I always have my sites up to date. For other software, such as phpBB, the answer would probably be no. It's a lot of pain to get them updated, and I don't really even have the skills for the job. :neutral:

phpbb upgrades are a pain :p

I usually forget to implement updates for my softwares unless there is a huge security issue I know about lol

I have someone that upgrades mine for me but he usually does it within a week of when the new software is released

It depends on the upgrade. If I'd lose plug-ins or some other vital function of my forum, I'd keep my current version. However, if I wasn't losing anything, I'd upgrade as soon as I could. I also have to emphasize what @Cameron said. I have no idea how to do some of the upgrades. phpBB 3.0 to phpBB 3.1 is something I'm clueless on. :p

I don't see why people hate upgrading. :p I mean for most people all you need to do is link your current standing software to a auto installer like Softaculous and press a button. :p

Otherwise, it's super easy to upgrade the forums. Anyway, I upgrade right away, as soon as I'm alerted I have a update available. My companies website however is auto updated, for both Wordpress and phpBB so I don't have to worry. =D

The myBB upgrade from 1.6 to 1.8 was easy but the things after were just horrible. Having to upgrade the plugins and get a new theme it just took too long

I am always up to date no matter how long the updates take because I do not want my websites to be at risk.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds