Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Updating progression at Sonic Blast

NeoMetallix

Recognized member
Credits
At Sonic Blast we have 28 Sonic-related ranks(we call them Fame) that are based on posting activity. I am currently upgrading it to where the higher ranks(100 posts or more) will also be able to be progressed to not just by posts but also topics made, time spent online, and referrals.

This way, if you aren't a big poster but you contribute by making new topics, being online and reading the discussions, or bring new people on board you can keep ranking up or use it as a means of ranking up faster.

It's still not 100% finished(highest ranks still arent done) and I plan on fine tuning the promotion parameters but it is up for everyone currently registered.

Do you still have the hidden lounge depending on your posting rank? I remember when it was on Zetaboards there was a hidden lounge for those who had a huge amount of posts. :D

Do you still have the hidden lounge depending on your posting rank? I remember when it was on Zetaboards there was a hidden lounge for those who had a huge amount of posts. :D
Oh wow, I remember that! Nope, don't have that anymore but I'm currently looking into more unlocks and rewards for higher ranks. Albeit not by restricting basic functionality. Never been a fan of requiring 50 posts to make a poll and such.

I've got nothing with Sonic, apart from a few games when I was a kid. Loved that.

But your forum is so freaking cool to browse on. I wanted to register an account but had a server error:

1706001106904.png

Complete query:
Query:INSERT INTO mybblq_users (`username`,`password`,`salt`,`loginkey`,`email`,`postnum`,`threadnum`,`avatar`,`avatartype`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`usertitle`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`icq`,`skype`,`google`,`birthday`,`signature`,`allownotices`,`hideemail`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`receivefrombuddy`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`showimages`,`showvideos`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`showredirect`,`tpp`,`ppp`,`invisible`,`style`,`timezone`,`dstcorrection`,`threadmode`,`daysprune`,`dateformat`,`timeformat`,`regip`,`lastip`,`language`,`showcodebuttons`,`sourceeditor`,`buddyrequestspm`,`buddyrequestsauto`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`awayreason`,`referrer`,`referrals`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`pmfolders`,`notepad`,`warningpoints`,`moderateposts`,`moderationtime`,`suspendposting`,`suspensiontime`,`coppauser`,`classicpostbit`,`usernotes`,`myalerts_disabled_alert_types`,`ougc_awards`) VALUES ('XXXX','XXXX','XXXX','XXXX','XXXX',0,0,'','',5,'',0,'',1706001031,1706001031,1706001031,'',0,'','','','',1,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'-7',2,'',0,'','',X'b27505e4',X'','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'',0,0,'','','0**$%%$1**$%%$2**$%%$3**$%%$4**','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'','[]','')

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got nothing with Sonic, apart from a few games when I was a kid. Loved that.

But your forum is so freaking cool to browse on. I wanted to register an account but had a server error:

View attachment 3484

Complete query:
Query:INSERT INTO mybblq_users (`username`,`password`,`salt`,`loginkey`,`email`,`postnum`,`threadnum`,`avatar`,`avatartype`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`usertitle`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`icq`,`skype`,`google`,`birthday`,`signature`,`allownotices`,`hideemail`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`receivefrombuddy`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`showimages`,`showvideos`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`showredirect`,`tpp`,`ppp`,`invisible`,`style`,`timezone`,`dstcorrection`,`threadmode`,`daysprune`,`dateformat`,`timeformat`,`regip`,`lastip`,`language`,`showcodebuttons`,`sourceeditor`,`buddyrequestspm`,`buddyrequestsauto`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`awayreason`,`referrer`,`referrals`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`pmfolders`,`notepad`,`warningpoints`,`moderateposts`,`moderationtime`,`suspendposting`,`suspensiontime`,`coppauser`,`classicpostbit`,`usernotes`,`myalerts_disabled_alert_types`,`ougc_awards`) VALUES ('XXX','XXXX','XXXX','XXXX','XXXXXX',0,0,'','',5,'',0,'',1706001031,1706001031,1706001031,'',0,'','','','',1,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'-7',2,'',0,'','',X'b27505e4',X'','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'',0,0,'','','0**$%%$1**$%%$2**$%%$3**$%%$4**','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'','[]','')

Thanks for the report. Darn plugin!! I uninstalled it, let me know if it fixed that.

Sometimes plugins aren't updated and causes problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll try again later tonight. :)
I know you haven't played any since a kid but there is more to Sonic than just games, although if you aren't already a fan I'm not sure those would matter. I will say I loved the movies, Jim Carrey did fantastic as Dr. Robotnik.

What games did you play? I'm assuming the ones on Genesis/Mega Drive?

1706027140032.png

This came up when registered, but the registration went through. :)

I know you haven't played any since a kid but there is more to Sonic than just games, although if you aren't already a fan I'm not sure those would matter. I will say I loved the movies, Jim Carrey did fantastic as Dr. Robotnik.

What games did you play? I'm assuming the ones on Genesis/Mega Drive?
Oh yeah, I loved the movies, they're great. :D Can't remember honestly, it was the Sega I think but it's been what, 25 years if not more?

View attachment 3485

This came up when registered, but the registration went through. :)

Oh yeah, I loved the movies, they're great. :D Can't remember honestly, it was the Sega I think but it's been what, 25 years if not more?
Definitely way longer than 25 years lol. The titles on the Mega Drive were the 16-bit 2D side scrolling ones, but Sonic Spinball was a pinball game. These came out almost 33 years ago, my personal favorite game turns 30 this year. The comic books are good too, even the Archie ones are. (Sonic the Comic was alright, it was a UK based comic and made Sonic look like a complete ass though lol.) I know lots of people enjoyed Sonic Frontiers which is the first open world Sonic game, I barely played it though. There's a lot to talk about in this series I can go on and on but I'll stop there lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor