Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Unpopular gaming opinions

Credits
  • Pokemon Black and White are some of the best games in the series.
  • Remasters and remakes of games are getting to be a bit much
  • MMORPG's are meh
  • I don't like multiplayer games at all, sorry.
What are some of your unpopular gaming opinions?

Advertisement Placeholder
Honestly, VR isn't as cool because most of the use-cases really rely on you being sat still or otherwise arbitrarily restricted because most people don't really have the space for a big area you can always around in. I was at a game dev conference in 2014 when Sony was showing off 'Project Morpheus' (now PS VR) and their main big demo was a shark cage that you could walk around in - but that meant having a like 10ft x 10ft area walled off for you to walk around in. I don't have anywhere in my place I can do that!

MMORPGs are kinda meh - though I will admit to quietly loving Guild Wars 2 on occasion (I have 2700 hours in the game now) and it can be grindy as ever...

The whole remake/remaster thing is complicated. There are plenty of really bad, lazy remasters (GTA, anyone?), but what intrigues me are the not-so-lazy ones that actually swing and miss. I give you the Special Edition of Secret of Monkey Island; it came out about 20 years after the original (though, not actually for its 20th, which was a swing and a miss), and while it had voice acting throughout, with good casting, they also redid all of the game's graphics, where you could have classic graphics + no voice track, or redo graphics and full voice track. Lots of people wanted the nostalgia trip of the graphics they remembered with the voice track, and a fan edit did eventually happen. The SE of Monkey 2, interestingly, offered that combination, voice track on classic graphics, but also did a similar do-over of the art. The art redo was not popular.

I don't think any of these are *particularly* unpopular though.

My own unpopular gaming opinion is that it's not every gamer spends heavily on video games. Some hardly spend money on games and only play free games.

MMORPG's are meh
MMO’s used be the rage back in the day. I spent years on WoW and SWTOR. This going to be a very boomer opinion seeing as how I’m in my 20’s but I think one of the big downfalls of MMO’s is social media.

Back in the day a lot of gamers went to MMO’s to find friends. Now we have discord, facebook, Reddit, etc.

My own unpopular gaming opinion is that it's not every gamer spends heavily on video games.

DA0C4144-A716-465E-A695-4FA0880BDA17.jpeg
*cries in wallet*

Last edited:
WoW and Guild Wars 2 are still around - the latter just celebrated its 10th anniversary. And if you think about it, the recent clutch of games branded as 'live services' are... kinda... MMOs.

Minecraft looks like a weird game that wouldn't be all that fun. Granted, I've never played it, but it just looks like a game I wouldn't admire like a lot of people do.

Minecraft is not ADHD friendly. I have a very hard time sitting down and playing games. The story has to be interesting.

I can’t get into Minecraft for that reason, or any construction games generally (aside from a few). I just find it boring.

My own unpopular gaming opinions are ;

Every gamers have cheated playing one video game or another since they started playing video games.

All gamers buy into game's microtransactions.

I think generation 4 of Pokemon is the worst generation. It took my two favorite features of Generation 3 and ruined them. Not to mention, Diamond and Pearl are the slowest games in the series. Sonic '06 isn't even the worst Sonic game. The worst Sonic game is Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and Sonic Genesis for the GBA. Sonic Jam for the Game dot com is also bad.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds