Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Unemployed Spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setfragil

Captain Junkie
Credits
This issue has been bothering me for a long time. In a marriage where one of the spouse is not working either the husband or the wife and they have so much responsibilities to cater for i.e like paying children's school, home feeding, paying house rent, taking care of utilities like water and electricity bills and some other things. How will they survive especially if the working spouse in underemployed?

Advertisement Placeholder
It's always difficult for such spouse to live up to their responsibilities. Even if one spouse is working, some times they always manage from the salary that spouse do take and gradually find something for the other partner to be doing and with time things get better. But in the case where both are unemployed, there is always a big challenge in performing responsibilities.

Family is a thing of commitment where all hands must be on deck in order to provide adequately for the well being of the entire household. I'm a very hard working man and can very well provide for my family but as much as I'm capable of doing this, I still can't be able to live with a lazy woman who can't work.

This issue has been bothering me for a long time. In a marriage where one of the spouse is not working either the husband or the wife and they have so much responsibilities to cater for i.e like paying children's school, home feeding, paying house rent, taking care of utilities like water and electricity bills and some other things. How will they survive especially if the working spouse in underemployed?
Best thing in this era is for both husband and wife should get something that's paying them money every time.
The bundle of house needings will be free from husband if the wife is working.

Tough periods like this happen and it puts a strain on marriage, most times family and friends might be able to come to their aid pending the time things will pick up as tough times don't last but tough people do!

Unemployed Spouse​

Unemployment is on of the issues must spouse are going through in my country ,must especially the females after marriage you have to be mind full of the job you and this dose not go well , when a spouse is unemployed it will get to a stage where respect would be lost for each other , because of the imbalance.

While this is a very difficult situation, it is not unusual. This problem can be avoided if both spouses have more than one source of income. If it is done like this a job loss will not cause too much problem.

In today's world where things are hard, and with high level of inflation it's not advisable for either of the partner not to be engaged in something, no matter how small in order to assist the family. Even if there's no job, the person can learn a skill or start a business to assist the family instead of staying at home doing nothing.

Capital no. I don't buy the idea. We are building a family and it shouldn't be one-sided. I don't mind you even earn more than me but you're not so so staying at home without having something doing. So you must get yourself busy.

The bedrock of a family affair can only fixed by the match maker, therefore in a situation whereby a spouse works while the is not, merely explains that fact it is not advisable for this to happen between couple because when you look at the present state of standard of living, its requires more efficient hard-working person to make a satisfied earning.
If there good and vibrant understanding between each other I believe there should be a way things can be iron out either by making the others spouse to engage in some trading business.

An unemployed spouses becomes a problem when the income of the other spouses is not enough to take care of the house. It’s advisable if both spouses can work. This can cause a huge problem in the marriage.

I believe different stroke for different folks, accept there is a mutual understanding between the both of them but if for example one decides not to work ( which I seriously doubt that a spouse seeing the responsibilities and workload who opt out from working) then there have to be a mutual understanding

If any of the spouse is wealthy enough to cater for all the household expenses and still has extra to spend, then why not? But in the case that you just described, it's not advisable at all. All hands must be on desk to stand firmly in term of hardship.

It is really tough especially if the spouse is the man, especially in this part of the world. It isn't such a good move for partners to get married if they are not having a stream of income at least. Things will be very hard. They should either search for jobs or learn a skill.

This is a plague in Latin America too: both spouses unemployed and begin to live as freeloaders by family relatives: above all parents and grandparents. My mother in law complained too about men in her area didn't want to work, living at wife's expenses. In my former country happens a similar thing: men having a job, earning a salary, marry, but don't like to maintain their own family :mad: . The wife has to think alone to the children in spite of husbands earning an offline job salary:mad:

In today's marriage , it is no longer a marriage where one person is the bread winner . Married people ensure that both of them contribute towards the progress of the family , financially and otherwise.
The couple working should find a source of earning for the other couple

It is always very difficult for one person to be providing for the family because the family expenses will all be on his head, but if the two are working there are going to achieve very fast because the two are earning money from their job or business. If it is only one person that is working their achievements will be very slow because all the home expenses will only be on the person.

If there is no job for spouse, especially if both husband and wife are not get job that they doing to generate money, that will be great difficult for them to make good standard living. How they will manage to be paying for rent, bill, and even to feed them selves will difficult.

The issue of unemployed spouse is a matter of concern in some homes especially if it is the husband. And it is not always easy if the employed spouse is underemployed, the responsibilities weighs down on the spouse.
In cases like this, the unemployed spouse should look for a little side hustle to sustain or help the other person.

It will be easy for both, been unemployed as a married couple cannot be easy to care for their family, today's world without job my brother is very difficult for one to survive is very important for one to have something doing,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds