Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Unemployed Spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's saddening to hear of such experiences. I can tell you that I've been in this situation over 2 years and that's even without a child. It is very difficult and a times, it tends to provoke or create anger in the working partner and he/she will be forced to say or do things that will provoke the other simply because of the mental stress. The money goes before they are earned and you don't even know where and what you're spending on and when you do, you find that you are not even spending 2% on yourself. It is worse if the other partner feels okay with that and relents simply because you are working, it's your responsibility at that time and they can't rush or force themselves to earn. I have a very good book and experiences shared by people who have passed through this and will greatly help you. You can whatsapp or email me if you're interested. It is absolutely free. [email protected]
+2349011231677.

Advertisement Placeholder
Unemployed spouse shouldn't be the man but the woman in my opinion as woman has a huge role to play in the upbringing of children.
Gender equality is been preached all over the world but we are all neglecting the needs of our children and the danger (reported child abuse cases of various degrees a cross the world) and how that affect our society.

An "unemployed spouse" can be productively while at home with opportunities like bizdustry and various online opportunity which have now cancelled out the traditional office set up of job.
With numerous opportunities available in this jet age, unemployment due to marriage responsibilities are now things of the past as both spouse can work conveniently from home while looking after their wards

Carrying financial burden is not easy for both working couple not to talk if it is only one person paying the bills. It will be too overwhelming if the working spouse is not well paid. The spouse just have to look for something to do, if not sooner than later the marriage may crash.

Concerning unemployed spouse. Well, in the world we have today where things tends to be expensive, it is better that a couple of a family which involve a husband and a wife should both have things doing that will fetch in money. The two parties should be responsible for financial responsibilities in the family not that all expenses should be on the husband because he is the bread-winner

This issue has been bothering me for a long time. In a marriage where one of the spouse is not working either the husband or the wife and they have so much responsibilities to cater for i.e like paying children's school, home feeding, paying house rent, taking care of utilities like water and electricity bills and some other things. How will they survive especially if the working spouse in underemployed?
The worst thing a man can do is to marry unemployed spouse, it makes a man to bear all the family burden and pressure technically I can't even advice an enemy to marry an unproductive spouse, at least a woman /man need to be bringing something to the family for support no matter how small

Best thing in this era is for both husband and wife should get something that's paying them money every time.
The bundle of house needings will be free from husband if the wife is working.
Lately in my country, men are no longer interested in getting married to pretty ladies who do not want to work and add value to their family. Before they come for any lady, they will ensure that she is working already or have a good skill she can harness and make money from it.

This is really a big and frustrating issues to couples out there. I think if couples are in this kind of situation the best thing for the unemployed spouse to start doing some little stuff on the other side to support the family. This problem can scatter a family most especially if the spouse working is underemployed as you have said

The financial status of the family will meet calamity if one of the spouse is not working, at least if one goes to work and comes back late at night the other should be into a mini job or a mini employment. the employment could be an online job.

That's the number one problem in a marriage, its far more worse if the two didn't have a job, but it will be a little ok if one of them is working to support the family n out food in the table

Lately in my country, men are no longer interested in getting married to pretty ladies who do not want to work and add value to their family. Before they come for any lady, they will ensure that she is working already or have a good skill she can harness and make money from it.
Yes my brother, the duty now is been shared by both parties. It's not easy for man. A responsible wife must work to support her family because only man can't wait do it. May God bless all Great and responsible Husbands and wives over there

This issue has been bothering me for a long time. In a marriage where one of the spouse is not working either the husband or the wife and they have so much responsibilities to cater for i.e like paying children's school, home feeding, paying house rent, taking care of utilities like water and electricity bills and some other things. How will they survive especially if the working spouse in underemployed?
It is always a good thing when both parties have multiple streams of income. Otherwise, one party will feel burdened. The person might not say it out, but deep down, s/he will be hurting. It's a different case when the husband or wife is immensely rich, where no one feels the weight

I think the unemployed spouse should find a way to supplement the finances and help the underemployed spouse, perhaps source for a loan to start something or ask people to help with some investments in businesses

Yes my brother, the duty now is been shared by both parties. It's not easy for man. A responsible wife must work to support her family because only man can't wait do it. May God bless all Great and responsible Husbands and wives over there
The one question which I always ask myself is whether I'm always going to be available to take charge of all challenges? The answer is No. Take for instance, if I went to work and the power company came to disconnect electricity, my wife will be waiting for me to come back and handle it? Seriously, that's not how to live.

Unemployment means not getting any job to do in order to take care of one self.
Therefore an unemployed spouse is either man or the woman is unable to lay his/her hand on something that can fetch out money in other to take care of the family or to meet needs.

Family is a thing of commitment where all hands must be on deck in order to provide adequately for the well being of the entire household. I'm a very hard working man and can very well provide for my family but as much as I'm capable of doing this, I still can't be able to live with a lazy woman who can't work.
Uhm , u mean a full time house wife is lazy? Not always true sir, it's a choice though, you choose to relieve your wife the stress of doing some other work apart from facing the family and taking care of the family, this alone is a work in its own, I would not call that woman as lazy

Its a team of commitment and understanding so when they have all this then there's no problem and if it's the husband thats not working it's a big problem but if it's wife that's not working then there's no problem and am very sure the husband can double his hustling to make sure his family are okay and moreover you really need to cut your coat according to your size

As the man of the House, if I'm to be in such a situation then I'll be opening a business for my woman, so she could have something doing to support me. This is very important in a case where by I loose my job she will be the one supporting until I find a new job.

It's really going to be a rough and tough period when one spouse is not working or even underemployed. The saying goes " a bird can't fly on one wing". So, both hands must try to play it's part in ensuring that nearly all responsibilities are touched. It is also another phase of difficulties in a family which needs understanding and focus to overcome.

Capital no. I don't buy the idea. We are building a family and it shouldn't be one-sided. I don't mind you even earn more than me but you're not so so staying at home without having something doing. So you must get yourself busy.
It's not about saying capital NO. Is your spouse not also building the family with you? Working is not the only way family is being built you know. That aside, most spouse that don't work did not choose that. But circumstances made it so.

Uhm , u mean a full time house wife is lazy? Not always true sir, it's a choice though, you choose to relieve your wife the stress of doing some other work apart from facing the family and taking care of the family, this alone is a work in its own, I would not call that woman as lazy
Who says that a woman who works or even have a business she runs to make extra money for the family? A lazy woman is a lady woman, there is no justifications to use and cover it up. My mother was working but still took good care of her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds