Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

User Engagement Understanding Social Status in Online Forums: Strategies for Increasing Reputation and Influence

Fayble posted a new comment on the Article Understanding Social Status in Online Forums: Strategies for Increasing Reputation and Influence

This is a really long well thought out article on the concept of social status. In saying that, I will be reading and responding as I go.

First of all, I love how the concept of social status is defined:

"Social status" refers to the characteristics and properties of individuals' social position or rank within a particular society or group. Understanding social status involves examining how individuals are ranked or evaluated regarding their social worth and how this can affect their access to resources and opportunities. It also involves analyzing the power dynamics and social hierarchies within different societies and communities.

This is not only true in online communities, but in our regular life as well. I always pondered the thought of, what is power? Who has power? What are the barrier of entry to gaining power? I actually study this for fun, because it genuinely interests me. Because of this interest I have found myself falling in love with civics and geopolitics. There are so many influences going on at this very moment which can alter the power structure of everything we know. From the Liberal World Order to the rise of BRICS and even your local neighborhood politics. It's amazing how intricate power can be.

Well, your favorite message board has this too. One question to ask is, do you have power? If not, do you want to have power? Why?

~WIP~

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds