Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Types of companies

Actually your classification is new to me because all i can understand from your classification of the business is you are classifying based on niche or operations as far as I'm concern i don't know about such classifications you write about but may be is from what you know that you write.
Not all countries classify companies in the same way, this is what I understand from members postings, even I have learned in this thread. In my country according to the types of companies are classified, According to the economic activity it develops, its size, legal form, the scope of action and its capital.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is so much to learn from this thread. Companies might be working on different areas with different functionality. Some companies are owned privately and some companies are public.
Thats the meaning of company here, we have two types of company, and with different areas of speciality , we have the private and also the government which is the public company.

I think it is important for a entrepreneur to know or at least have a knowledge of his or her lass of company their business belongs. This will aid them in ways of getting assistance if the need arises

There are three types of companies according to their economic activity..:

Primary sector companies. Agriculture, livestock, fishing, and mining. ...
Secondary sector companies (industrial). Companies engaged in industry and construction, i.e., the transformation of goods.
Companies in the tertiary sector (service sector).

What is the purpose of classifying companies by type of activity? Is it important for an entrepreneur to know where he/she is in the classification? Are the regulatory rules the same for each case?
Its good to know about the types of companies. I am unaware of these classifications. They also exist in our country. I think the rules are not the same.

Yes these types of companies perform tasks that fits or suites their purpose of establishment and turned for what they produce

There are some extra rules for registration. If you are dealing with finance and investment, you will have to register with the central bank, if you are dealing with agriculture produce, you will have to register with agriculture department.
Yes like you profess, there are rules and regulations for registration , and its different depending in the type of your business, finance and investment business pays more because they deals directly with the central bank.

Its good to know about the types of companies. I am unaware of these classifications. They also exist in our country. I think the rules are not the same.
It is good to know the classification according to its economic activity. From my point of view it is of utmost importance to know where the company is located from the beginning, as it is very beneficial in the future.

You're just reminded me of the things we learn in high school. There are primary production companies and secondary production company and tertiary.

There are three types of companies according to their economic activity..:

Primary sector companies. Agriculture, livestock, fishing, and mining. ...
Secondary sector companies (industrial). Companies engaged in industry and construction, i.e., the transformation of goods.
Companies in the tertiary sector (service sector).

What is the purpose of classifying companies by type of activity? Is it important for an entrepreneur to know where he/she is in the classification? Are the regulatory rules the same for each case?

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned the only important things I need to know about any company is how they are able to empower the lives of people that are working for them.

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned the only important things I need to know about any company is how they are able to empower the lives of people that are working for them.
It is good to know that you are interested in empowering people's lives. However, in my country and in many others, it is important to classify companies so that they can benefit from government projects that favor them, including receiving aid from related companies.

Businesses may be of many types but I think companies are mainly two types, public limited company and private limited company. The first type has a lot of investors and second has few investors

Businesses may be of many types but I think companies are mainly two types, public limited company and private limited company. The first type has a lot of investors and second has few investors
It is true that there is the type of classification that you describe, in my country these are related to legal companies. However, I make reference to the economic activity that is another way of classifying them in my country, and I believe that in many countries worldwide.

This is very important in terms of diversification and in the long run this wi·l help the entrepreneur to know different method to invest his or her capital into in the industry

Of course in general it is as you explain, but each of them is grouped by their purpose with customers, in my country they are classified the way I broke it down, that's why I decided to describe the thread and see the different ways they are classified in other countries. In this way I will acquire new knowledge.
There are several types of company have the sole proprietorship company the partnership and also limited liability company and public liability company

There are several types of company have the sole proprietorship company the partnership and also limited liability company and public liability company
So you give me to understand that your country is one of the few, which do not have the classification of companies by their economic form. Everyday I learn more about how companies are managed in different countries, it is different in each one of them.

Yes business are classified according to sector they belong to and yes it is right for an entrepreneur to know he belongs to,if there is any benefit to particular sector by the government he will be able to take advantage of it. This can be in terms of grants, tax incentives an so on.

Never heard of such classification but I think it is necessary to do so. This will help to know the basic and primary needs of the people that are lacking and how to provide a way to meet their demands. And belonging to one group does not mean they follow different governmental rules, but probably the ones under their body.

Yes business are classified according to sector they belong to and yes it is right for an entrepreneur to know he belongs to,if there is any benefit to particular sector by the government he will be able to take advantage of it. This can be in terms of grants, tax incentives an so on.
Perfect, there are few comments affirming these benefits, in many cases due to lack of knowledge. The companies, being classified mainly by their economic activity, will be among the governmental options for the benefits you describe.

It is good to know that you are interested in empowering people's lives. However, in my country and in many others, it is important to classify companies so that they can benefit from government projects that favor them, including receiving aid from related companies.

Seriously, in my country our government would rather want to use taxes and inhuman policies to drive companies away. We hardly get foreign investors here.

Of course in general it is as you explain, but each of them is grouped by their purpose with customers, in my country they are classified the way I broke it down, that's why I decided to describe the thread and see the different ways they are classified in other countries. In this way I will acquire new knowledge.
There are two major types of company we have the public limited liability company and a private limited company it is under your company is a public company or a private company

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds