Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Trending Threads and Extended Ignore Features

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Hey everyone,

I hope you're all still in love with our fantastic platform and community. We've been hard at work behind the scenes, making some minor but impactful updates to enhance your experience. We value your feedback, and we're eager to share what we've been up to.

Introducing the Thread View New Sidebar:

The most noticeable change is the addition of a brand new sidebar when viewing threads. This sidebar is designed to improve your navigation and make it easier for you to discover exciting content and engage with your fellow Admin Junkies. We've made it more convenient than ever to access content you haven't read, new threads and an occasional poll/survey to take part in.

1697898234008.png

The Trending Thread Widget:

One of the highlights of this new sidebar is the "Trending Thread" widget. It's here to help you stay in the loop with the hottest discussions happening on the forum. You can now see what's capturing the community's interest at a glance, so you never miss out on the latest and greatest threads.

You are also able to find a trending page in our submenu under "Discussions":

1697898210565.png

Ignore More Features:

In addition to the new sidebar, we're introducing some fantastic features to make your experience even more tailored to your preferences. Here's what's in store:

• "Show Ignored Content" Link: We've added a handy "Show ignored content" link for when you've hidden content on the news feed and latest activity pages. This allows you to easily reveal the ignored content whenever you choose.
  • Customized Ignoring: You can now choose to ignore or unignore threads or entire forums in the news feed, thread list, and forum list. This gives you more control over your forum experience and ensures you only see the content that matters to you.
  • Account Area Insight: We've made it easy for you to see what you're ignoring within your account area. This way, you can manage your preferences effortlessly.

1. choose to ignore a specific forum:
1697900128501.png

2. Ignore preferences:
1697900148976.png

3. The forum is no longer listed:
1697900190113.png
We Want Your Feedback:

But that's not all! We believe that the Admin Junkies community is full of brilliant minds, and we want to harness your creativity. If you have any great ideas for what we can add to the sidebar to make your experience even better, we're all ears! Your feedback has always been invaluable to us, so please don't hesitate to let us know what you think or suggest any enhancements you'd like to see.

We're excited about these updates and can't wait to see how they'll improve your time on the forum. Remember, Admin Junkies is your space, and we're here to make it the best it can be for you! 💙

Thank you for being part of this awesome community and for your continued support. Together, we'll keep making Admin Junkies the go-to hub for all things admin-related. Happy posting, and let us know your thoughts on the new sidebar! 😊

Last edited:
I like the changes! The trending threads is interesting and brings attention to possibly great content! I'm glad it doesn't include threads from the off topic areas.

The poll content will be interesting!

I like the changes! The trending threads is interesting and brings attention to possibly great content! I'm glad it doesn't include threads from the off topic areas.

The poll content will be interesting!
Nope, they are indeed not included in the trending threads. :)

I loved the new changes. It is easier to navigate the forum. However, as a right-hander, I am not very used to seeing the sidebar on the left side. I would prefer to have it on the right side. :D

I loved the new changes. It is easier to navigate the forum. However, as a right-hander, I am not very used to seeing the sidebar on the left side. I would prefer to have it on the right side. :D
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the recent changes! I'm glad that the updates have made navigation easier for you.

We totally get it – habits can be hard to break, especially when you're used to a particular layout. The sidebar on the left is a unique choice, and we appreciate your perspective as a right-hander.

The good news is that we're all about making the Admin Junkies forum a comfortable space for our community. While there isn't a specific reason for the sidebar being on the left, it's been that way as a personal choice of mine.

If the majority of our users would prefer to have it on the right, we're absolutely open to making that change. After all, it's your forum, and we want it to be as user-friendly as possible. :D

I saw the sidebar last night. It's really cool! :D

I mentioned the sidebar widget on another topic and seems that appeared on the post before this thread and was like Hmmmm well, no topic about it till now. Good news feed, I like to see an option on the main AJ theme to able to move it from the left or right :)

Also an option to remove the sidebar as we do have that :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest