Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Topsites / Toplists

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Couple of years ago topsites were a huge thing. It was a toplist where you could enlist your website or forum. You put an affiliate button on your site/forum and had to click it to reach #1 of the topsite. The better you were ranked, the more traffic income. Nowadays not much toplist sites still exist, although at some point they were a good traffic income. Do you still know any topsites online ? Did you use to visit some or use them?

I have owned a few toplists back in the day one being Aardvark, which was one of the most popular ones, but they are not updated anymore. VisioList is a more modern one, still being updated. I have been thinking to create one lately, but I'm not sure if it would matter much.

I remember top lists very well if I am honest and I did in the past use them quite frequently but to be honest, I don't really see them around as much as I used to anymore and neither does anyone seem to use them as much anymore now. They were great for getting your site out there and getting traffic to your site, so it is a shame that they are no longer a thing anymore. I may take a look at VisioList to be honest as I am curious.

I remember top lists very well if I am honest and I did in the past use them quite frequently but to be honest, I don't really see them around as much as I used to anymore and neither does anyone seem to use them as much anymore now. They were great for getting your site out there and getting traffic to your site, so it is a shame that they are no longer a thing anymore. I may take a look at VisioList to be honest as I am curious.
It's not that frequently updated like every month or so, more quarterly speaking, but it has a very stable script and works just fine.

I am continuously amazed by the traffic I've gotten off of Topsites when I had a site that utilized them a handful of years ago (3-5 years ago). It was regularly one of the top areas that brought in visitors as opposed to say, ads on resource site signatures, tumblr, etc.

I've used topsites way back in the past probably in the InvisionFree days, maybe even ZetaBoards, but I haven't seen any around or actively used one since then. I think they can prove to be useful for traffic, but I still think there may be better means of gaining traffic for your board.

Wow, talk about a throwback. Great thread @Aerodynamic . Back in the day, like 10+ years ago topsites/toplists were HUGE and definitely brought in real traffic. It was significant traffic too. However, I honestly have not heard of topsites/top/lists since around 2012 so I couldn't tell you whether they still exist and if they have the same effectiveness as they use to.

Wow, talk about a throwback. Great thread @Aerodynamic . Back in the day, like 10+ years ago topsites/toplists were HUGE and definitely brought in real traffic. It was significant traffic too. However, I honestly have not heard of topsites/top/lists since around 2012 so I couldn't tell you whether they still exist and if they have the same effectiveness as they use to.
Thanks! It’s been since 2014 that I last tried a toplist, and back then it wasn’t a great success to say the least. But you know me, I try out things to see if they still work or not. So chances are I’ll probably give it a go next year sometime.

I used to use them for some time and they definitely did help bring traffic to my site at the time. It's a shame they aren't more widely used these days. I guess with social media they died off, but one would think people would use them to promote their social media accounts......

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest