Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Time goes by too fast. /Rant

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
Ever since adult life hit me, met the woman of my life, had our beautiful children, etc. It's like time goes by 2 or 3 times as fast as it used to go. Is that me only ? I don't remember my teen days going over so fast. Weeks go by like they are days. There's still so much I want to do at the end of the day, that I don't have time for. The day has ended. It's saddening me, because at this rate, I'll be really really old before I know it. 😅 It's like yesterday I celebrated New Years Eve, and we're already 1,5 months further...

Getting Old Birthday Cake GIF by HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE

Advertisement Placeholder
Yeah, I completely agree with you. I'm 30 this year and I am struggling to comprehend the fact my age will start with a 3 instead of a 2. My dad passed away last year, it's coming up for the 1 year anniversary and I just can't believe it's been a whole year. He was only 56 too, so it really made me think life is too short.

Me and my partner are fortunate enough to earn decent salaries, and I'm not sure if children is in our story, so for now we like to spend our time away from work enjoying ourselves, eating out, cocktails, overnight hotel stays, going on holidays etc...

Whilst your kids a super important part of your life, remember to make time for just the two of you too. ❤️

Yeah, I completely agree with you. I'm 30 this year and I am struggling to comprehend the fact my age will start with a 3 instead of a 2. My dad passed away last year, it's coming up for the 1 year anniversary and I just can't believe it's been a whole year. He was only 56 too, so it really made me think life is too short.

Me and my partner are fortunate enough to earn decent salaries, and I'm not sure if children is in our story, so for now we like to spend our time away from work enjoying ourselves, eating out, cocktails, overnight hotel stays, going on holidays etc...

Whilst your kids a super important part of your life, remember to make time for just the two of you too. ❤️
Aww, my condolences. I can imagine it's hard. I broke contact with my parents out of free will, but it's still a loss for me too. I didn't have much trouble from 29 going to 30, but I'm already 32 in July, and I still remember my 30th birthday very well. So yeah, again times goes by too fast. Children are the greatest, we see our personalities in our children and half of the time it's like speaking to your mini-me. You can imagine teaching them the lessons of life is sometimes funny to see their reactions. :p My wife and I went through a lot of drama in the beginning of our dating years, there's a lot that made us stronger as who we are and how we see each other. There's probably nothing that could ever break us. But yeah, you're right. Sometimes we do take time for just the two of us.

I know exactly how you feel. I often say to my kids that I can't believe we are so far through the year already. I just said to my daughter yesterday that it's March in two weeks and she looked at me like I had two heads LOL and then she said "I don't like it, it's going too fast again."

Honestly, the last 3 years for me so far have been a blur, the fact that it's been 3 years almost since the lockdowns were announced is scary as I remember that like it was yesterday.

Everyone I mention about time flying fast always says it gets faster as you get older and that is quite scary to know.

I've heard the phrase multiple times, "the older you get, the faster time passes by."
It's not just a phrase... it's fact. It's hard to think that I may only have another decade or at best two left on this plane of existence.

It's not just a fact, it's also correlated with your literal lived experience.

When you're 10, a year is a *huge* amount of time relative to your perception of it - a year is 10% of your total existence.

When you're 20, a year is now only 5% of your total existence so while objectively it's the same amount of time, subjectively it's a much smaller fraction of your life to compare it to.

When you're 40... it's now 2.5% - and the older you get the easier it is to view it as just sliding by because, proportionally, it is.

I remember when a day felt like forever. And now the days go by so quickly.

Time is my favorite Pink Floyd song. I first heard it at the age of ten. Life does go by faster the older you get, I'll be 33 in May and my spouse just turned 33 on Wednesday. I think another reason why time seems to go by faster when we're adults is the fact that we spend most of our time at work, and earning money to keep on living. If you work from home you at least get to stay at home rather than having to commute to work and spend 8+ hours away from home.

I think another reason why time seems to go by faster when we're adults is the fact that we spend most of our time at work, and earning money to keep on living.
As a retired person (and almost 60), take my word for it... that's not it.
Part of it as you get older, you start being more cognizant of time, as you know you have less of it available to you.

I feel like at my age I've gone through a lot more than I expected I would. Some days feel so fast, but some feel like long days. Time in general is passing extremely fast though. This last year in general was chaos and it moved extremely fast. Last year around this time I had to take off work for 2 months because my dad was dying. His funeral was in June. I got married in November and had my honeymoon and got back in December. Now it's April and I'm like geez - what a year!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds