Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The Future of Domain Names

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
Myself, I figure they .coms will keep going up in price. I also think there will be more creative extensions. I also think the non-.com extensions will gain more acceptability. However, I'm not sure if they will go up in price, but I have seen that .xyz has exploded. Who else has seen that? Anyway, I figure some of them will go up in price. Which ones do you think have a good chance? Did anyone predict .xyz?

I've noticed non .com domains like .zone have increased in price. I think the more obscure domain extensions will probably continue to go up in price, I have to pay around $35 to renew my .zone domain whereas a renewal for a .com tends to be around the same price they go for which I usually see them for around $10 on Namecheap.

I've noticed non .com domains like .zone have increased in price. I think the more obscure domain extensions will probably continue to go up in price, I have to pay around $35 to renew my .zone domain whereas a renewal for a .com tends to be around the same price they go for which I usually see them for around $10 on Namecheap.
Well, actually I was referring not to renewal fees, but what people will pay on the market for .xyz, like say homebiz.xyz, for example.

Well, actually I was referring not to renewal fees, but what people will pay on the market for .xyz, like say homebiz.xyz, for example.
Not as much as they would for home.biz! ;)
The thing I see is some very creative use of the newer TLD's in the name of the site. I did that when I had thebent.bike. A recumbent rider would immediately know what the site was about.

bentbike_sample.jpg
If I was still into them I would probably have kept the domain. I just don't see sitting on it for $20 a year that I could buy almost 2 years of my primary for.

The sad thing is how many folks scarf those type domains up as soon as the TLD becomes available... then want to sell them for $25K (space.photos as an example).

Not as much as they would for home.biz! ;)
The thing I see is some very creative use of the newer TLD's in the name of the site. I did that when I had thebent.bike. A recumbent rider would immediately know what the site was about.

View attachment 3760
If I was still into them I would probably have kept the domain. I just don't see sitting on it for $20 a year that I could buy almost 2 years of my primary for.

The sad thing is how many folks scarf those type domains up as soon as the TLD becomes available... then want to sell them for $25K (space.photos as an example).
Are newer generations catching on to these new extensions?

Are newer generations catching on to these new extensions?
Probably most don't even pay attention to them. They simply click on the search result and go there.
The only "neat" thing about this is with branding, as given as an example in the logo I used.
When you had the URL listed below the logo on the shirts, it just "looked right".
I tried to find an image of the shirts I had made up and gave out, but guess I deleted them. I do still have a few of them but I've "sorta" out-grown them by now. 🍽️

Last edited:
Probably most don't even pay attention to them. They simply click on the search result and go there.
The only "neat" thing about this is with branding, as given as an example in the logo I used.
When you had the URL listed below the logo on the shirts, it just "looked right".
I tried to find an image of the shirts I had made up and gave out, but guess I deleted them. I do still have a few of them but I've "sorta" out-grown them by now. 🍽️
That's what I thought.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest