Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

The Forums Zone - Webmaster Forum

Advertisement Placeholder
My observations:
  • Too many forums for a forum that has just started out
  • Using the same theme as WGBB...Both forums should move to a custom theme
  • Footer is lacking links which is unappealing to me (WGBB included)
Other than that I have no special opinion; it's just another webmaster forum that will fail miserably if you don't figure a way to keep your users and be somewhat unique - like any forum, really.

Thank you for your response @KAMI™

I do have too many forums, I already noticed that. I had a good amount of posts in each forum, until my host had a DDoS attack and lost all of my information. My last backup was way before I even was starting to get the word out, and I lost over half the posts because of that. I now backup my forum weekly, although I was told that some hosts have an automatic daily backup system.

I do love the theme that I am using currently. PixelEdit has GREAT themes, and I loved the Core theme. It's smooth and professional, and as @Jordan stated, it's okay for multiple forums to share the same theme, WGBB or TFZ doesn't own the content, it's publicly available. It IS a mistake on my end to USE the same theme as a forum that I use daily that's in the same niche. WGBB is an awesome forum, and having the same theme as it DOES make it look unbecoming of me, but the theme fit very nicely with everything, and the color choices were excellent.

It is VERY difficult to change the footer links through XF. You actually have to modify the template and go deep down into coding, usually. I haven't had the time to do this, and I bet WGBB is the same way. The coding part is easy; it's just taking the time to actually DO it. I probably should have added links before getting the word out about it, just to give a better impression.

Thanks again for your feedback! Every piece of feedback is vital to my forum, and I always like to hear what others think about it. Thanks, KAMI!! :)

Well I did already tell you about my opinions on the logo :p
  • Using the same theme as WGBB...Both forums should move to a custom theme.
Already contacted several designers in regards for custom themes :wink:
It is VERY difficult to change the footer links through XF. You actually have to modify the template and go deep down into coding, usually. I haven't had the time to do this, and I bet WGBB is the same way. The coding part is easy; it's just taking the time to actually DO it. I probably should have added links before getting the word out about it, just to give a better impression.

Actually, Editing the footer links is easy :p
Go to your admin CP -> Appearance -> Core -> Style Properties -> [XB] Footer

YIxmn5o.png

Thanks@Jordan!! I dont know what I was doing; I think I was messing with the phrases. Thats a lot easier!

And yes, I tried photoshopping it but it still doesnt look good. I may redo the logo alltogether.

Thanks guys!! :)

This webmaster forum is wonderful for the SEO experts and also for webmasters. They can easily find their companion of related field and also can share experience with them.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds