Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Do you introduce yourself after joining a forum?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Debashis

Service Manager
Administrator
We have discussed a lot on how we feel as forum owners about new members making/not making an introduction thread after joining our forum. (Click here if you haven't posted your thoughts on it yet.)

Now its time to look in the mirror and answer a couple of questions. Do you yourself create an introduction thread after joining a new forum? Have you been doing it since the very beginning of your life in forums, or have you started doing it after realizing it's importance at some point? Or do you think it does not really matter?

I usually do these days, but I didn't always introduce myself. I think if you make your introduction meaningful by telling a little about yourself, it's more worthy than just posting that I'm new here, so introduce me. People can maybe spark some interest in your introduction and maybe take interest in your hobbies, website, etc. Who knows? You might even be able to befriend someone by making a meaningful introduction.

I always post introduction threads but don't really introduce myself into any of them. I tend to keep to myself and keep most things rather private. I think a lot of people don't tend to actually introduce themselves when joining a forum as posting an introduction thread doesn't necessarily meant you actually introduced yourself.

It depends on what the deal is and what makes me join Fourm :) 80% of the time I do ;) and each Fourm to me is different, I might make posts before doing an introduction thread or as soon as I join make an introduction thread right away.

Not very often that I don't ;)

I try to. I have been on a couple of forums though who have had weird permissions set up for their introduction forum so my first thread there was to report the errors :eek:

I just think there is no need for it really. I plan to be active if I register, so you will eventually know my name. (Which is literally how members introduce themselves).

I typically introduce myself. It's good to introduce yourself and start building your persona on the community. I especially think it's great for General Discussion forums.

I can see just jumping into conversations on other genres/niches but I really like introductions regardless. I enjoy getting to know people too!

I do make introduction threads, although I don't tend to put a lot of detail into them. I figure that people will find all that about me anyway as I post on the rest of the board!

Yep..always..unless the admin has made one
I HATE it when that happens. What's even worse are those automated threads they make. They seem to assume that you'd feel welcomed, but in my view, it's quite the opposite.

I always introduce myself when I join a forum. I feel more polite when I introduce myself before getting into the community and start posting around on the forum.

I always make sure to introduce myself on every new forum I join. Even if people might already know me from other communities, I just feel odd if I don't introduce myself lol. You never know when you'll run into new people who might want to get to know you.

I HATE it when that happens. What's even worse are those automated threads they make. They seem to assume that you'd feel welcomed, but in my view, it's quite the opposite.
You hate it when an admin makes a welcome post for a new member? really?

You hate it when an admin makes a welcome post for a new member? really?
Yeah. It's up to the member themselves to choose if they want to make an introduction. Some people don't like being in the spotlight. So it's best to let them decide if they want to go with it or not.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Unread Posts

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations