Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

The best way to watch YouTube.

NeoMetallix

Recognized member
Bronze Member
Credits
If you're like me and do not care about leaving comments and just go to watch videos, FreeTube is a great way to do it. You don't have ads, sponsorblock is built in, and you can turn off the algorithm and only see videos from people you have subscribed to. Of course if you like suggestions that can be left on. So much better than any official YouTube app.

YouTube likes to go out of its way to break these but when they work they're nice. YouTube itself is serviceable with a few blockers and I like to stick it in containers for good measure. But I sometimes take the liberty to comment and use youtuby features so I have some reason not to ditch the intended application completely.

I watch YouTube via Kodi/LibreElec on a Raspberry Pi 3 and Flatscreen TV. No ads, reduced to the max, pause and resume option, navigation with the TV remote control...very nice. :)

might be worth looking into for my kids. They go crazy at the amount of ads on youtube.

Oh and BTW, for android, Libretube is pretty awesome!

I pay for YouTube premium so ads aren’t a problem for me. (I mainly pay for premium just for the fact that I can listen to music on YouTube and use other apps on my phone.) This seems like a great alternative for people tired of YouTube’s ad blocker policy and good for those who only want to watch videos uploaded by the channels they’re subscribed to.

I haven't paid much attention to YouTube lately, but I use YouTube Music on my Chromebook and iPhone and I have to watch ads on my iPhone while I don't on my Chromebook, assuming this is because Chromebook is a Google product while the iPhone is not.

Roku is a cool way to view YouTube. Who has tried that? Anyway, though, of course, you can't leave comments and all that on it.

Roku is a cool way to view YouTube. Who has tried that? Anyway, though, of course, you can't leave comments and all that on it.
I typically use my Roku tv to watch Youtube videos. I open the app up on my phone if I want to comment on a video.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor