Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Tapatalk

Anorak

Credits
Tapatalk is a free mobile app allows you to view forum/communities on mobile devices. It also allows people to install the Tapatalk plugin on their community, which renders and optimizes content and discussions for mobile devices.

Does anyone here use Tapatalk for their forum? If so, what do you think of it?

Advertisement Placeholder
We don't use it. I've heard concerns around in forums about the security issues. It's rare to be attacked via Tapatalk but the fact that it HAS happened to various communities make me quite hesitant to use it myself.

Tapatalk has come a long way since its initial release. Most of my forums do allow users to post and view via the application. However, I'd rather people use the actual browser--on desktop mode--as Tapatalk doesn't support any forum themes.

In regards to the security issues that Tapatalk poses, I've never been victim to such problems. I've heard of one forum that's said they won't use it for this reason, but I've never seen it actually happen.

I've seen it, but don't really support it due to them having issues in the past (their software may have changed, but I see no real need for it). I only think it was good when forums had no mobile themes, thus Tapatalk would be perfect since it would be a mobile style. Now that many themes are responsive I see no real need for it anymore.

I've considered using Tapatalk before, and while the whole application went through, it didn't seem like anyone was really needing to use it. The ironic thing is that a lot of my members typically browse my forums using a mobile device. I think that for the most part, smartphones and tablets can adjust to the default themes, provided that it's not image-heavy.

To each his own with that feature, and I could see it being useful. On the other hand, I've experienced disappointment in giving people the option to register using any one of their social media accounts. To be quite frank, if people want to join your forum, then they will go out of their own accord to do so, with or without those features implemented.

It's...It's...It's okay.

Do not get me wrong, Tapatalk is amazing and gives people the ability to have push notifications and what not for their forum; though, the app itself is rather confusing when you first get started. I had Tapatalk for about 6 months and still was rather confused. Personally, I think it's just better to have a responsive or mobile friendly forum rather than going to an app for all your mobile needs, it's really not as convenient as you would think.

I don't use it on my phone. I'm on mobile a lot, and I don't use it. I generally prefer forums that have a responsive theme. I don't use it on any forums I'm on, solely due to the security on it. Very many forums have been hacked through Tapatalk, and that's a fact.

Tapatalk is really useful for anyone communicating through forums with their mobile device, but I don`t really use it, because I`m mostly writing from my desktop PC.

I considered this for one of my forums, but to be honest I wasn't sure it was worth the effort.

The mobile version of XenForo already works great so I didn't really see the point.

I considered this for one of my forums, but to be honest I wasn't sure it was worth the effort.

The mobile version of XenForo already works great so I didn't really see the point.

I agree. I like for websites that aren't easy to navigate on mobile but besides that, it seems useless.

There seems to be a lot of malware associated with tapatalk... maybe it's just me.

I've heard of the app before, and it seems pretty interesting. I mean it's a great way to find some very good forums that are still starting out. I tried out some of the ones on there, it's quite interesting.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds