Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Subforums with many inactive discussions

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
What would you do for a subforum on your site that has many older discussions but few responses? Do you delete the discussions, lock them or bump them with an answer? Or, maybe you could require moderators to post to the discussions, thus giving the appearance of activity on old threads. What would your solution be?

Advertisement Placeholder
If a sub-forum is inactive, I tend to merge them into the parent forum until there is more need for the child forum to return.

I would have mods make posts on them or post in them myself. Or even ask a friend to post there for me on certain topics. You could also hire a paid poster for a bit just to get the ball rolling there if you feel the need to.

I just move the topics in the subforum to the forum it's under. That usually works and it makes the forum look less cluttered.

If I have a subforum with very little activity I will move all threads from the subforum into another forum where they would suit and leave them there until I feel we are ready for a subforum. Usually I wait to create subforums to see if we get a lot of discussions on one topic that would warrant a subforum before creating one.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds