Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Starting a small business

The biggest obstacle you can ever have after raising a capital for your business is government. They did not create an enabling environment for small-scale business to trife and they are ready to collect tax every now and then.

Advertisement Placeholder
The biggest obstacle you can ever have after raising a capital for your business is government. They did not create an enabling environment for small-scale business to trife and they are ready to collect tax every now and then.
Sadly this is true. Small scale businesses are not encouraged by the government and this indeed makes them struggle much before succeeding.

I also recommend people to start small businesses first. So if someone have huge amount of capital, they should only invest a small portion of it. And when the business start to show positive outcome, after that only they should invest rest of the money.
I totally agree with you on this,investing a portion of your finances will not impact on someone who business fails as it will be when they had invested all their finances.

You shouldn't depend on government when you are thinking of doing something serious with your life because the government will not help you in any way, working and having your money to start a business is the best.

A small business is a viable means of employment in my country. There are so many small scale businesses around in my country and that's what's keeping everyone busy. It doesn't require much funds to start.

Golden rules. Go small to grow big. You can't reach a goal you haven't set. Clearly states your target market. Build one business at a time. Things take longer as it planned so be patient

I also recommend people to start small businesses first. So if someone have huge amount of capital, they should only invest a small portion of it. And when the business start to show positive outcome, after that only they should invest rest of the money.
The most important thing in starting any business is the knowledge and experience you have on the business. When you have acquired a business training especially in form of apprenticeship, your chances of been successful in any business that you establish is very high. So, you can start a business big when you have the needed knowledge and experience on the business.

I totally agree with you that setting up a business in Nigeria is not easy at all. It's very stressful to the point that even if you have the funds to setup the business government officials will also frustrate you in form of different tax

To start a small business, you must make certain that this small business is not something you're going to be putting your hard earned money into for nothing

Starting a small business is better than not doing anything at all,it should be what your passionate about, it increases the chances of success.I believe ones you have gotten the business you are passionate about,location should be one of your priorities.
It is not that easy to start up a business starting a small business most times is an easier way to start actualizing your vision with that he will monitor the business and to grow to what you're actually dream of

Golden rules. Go small to grow big. You can't reach a goal you haven't set. Clearly states your target market. Build one business at a time. Things take longer as it planned so be patient
I do not believe in some rules guiding the establishment of any business like the one that you just say that we should grow small to grow big because there are several businesses that started bead and they grew bigger.

I do not believe in some rules guiding the establishment of any business like the one that you just say that we should grow small to grow big because there are several businesses that started bead and they grew bigger.
Sometimes a saying doesn't literally mean the same thing as it's said,so don't just dive into conclusion without understanding the real meaning behind the statement.

Starting a small business is not too easy, the fact that it's called small business doesn't mean it's easy, it depends on siting and seriousness of the person opening the business, it all about getting capital and looking for the right business to venture into
This is the mindset with most people they believe that since it is a small scale business it will be easy to run. And this is one of the reason why they fail because they often need something contrary to their belief while running the business.

Sometimes a saying doesn't literally mean the same thing as it's said,so don't just dive into conclusion without understanding the real meaning behind the statement.
What I meant is that the literal meaning doesn't really do Justice to what it is saying but though it may means that you can start up an organisation small and grow it big but what I am saying is that it is not always so that you must start up a business small for you to grow it big because they're are all the angles to it.

What I meant is that the literal meaning doesn't really do Justice to what it is saying but though it may means that you can start up an organisation small and grow it big but what I am saying is that it is not always so that you must start up a business small for you to grow it big because they're are all the angles to it.
You're are definitely right ,i understand your point of view,there are also businesses that initially started big and their doing very well in it.My point is one can start small especially when that person isn't financially buoyant enough.

I think you are right because it's what the younger ones go through every day , the government creates policies that could affect business growth ,and this makes starting business difficult

You're are definitely right ,i understand your point of view,there are also businesses that initially started big and their doing very well in it.My point is one can start small especially when that person isn't financially buoyant enough.
Now you are talking. Your first sentence really seemed as if it is only small businesses that has the capability of growing so that is why I kept on hammering on the fact that all businesses can grow.

Points; it's not easy to start a business, the government and the environment is not really helping, with proper connections you get to know that there are means you could get money from.

Surely there is always a negative side in every business but if you continue to think in such manner. You may never start up any business
I want to start up a small business in first of all the capital and also have the plan of the business will notice that all we do is your business can be able to improve

Now you are talking. Your first sentence really seemed as if it is only small businesses that has the capability of growing so that is why I kept on hammering on the fact that all businesses can grow.
Definitely any/all size of businesses can grow to any length but it all depends on the strategies and plans put into action and also the person handling the business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds