Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Sorry for the very, very silly question but what exactly is "SEO"

Riggy

Credits
I'm totally new to all this stuff and it's something I've been seeing a lot lately. I've tried Googleing it but I can never find a definition or website that explains it clear, fiver year old English. could someone explain it for me? I'd be very grateful.

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm in the same situation as yourself, and I'm waiting for someone with expertise in the area to reply so that we both may be edified, thank you!

In a nutshell - actions taken to make a site appear as high up on search engine result lists as possible for as many searched words as possible.

So someone goes onto google and searches "cat" - they are most likely to click on the top result (which is wikipedia) and significantly more likely to click on other sites on the first page. So if you can get your website about cats to appear on that first page you will get significantly more visitors which will result in significantly more income. SEO is the way you will go about trying to get your site on the first page.

In a nutshell - actions taken to make a site appear as high up on search engine result lists as possible for as many searched words as possible.

So someone goes onto google and searches "cat" - they are most likely to click on the top result (which is wikipedia) and significantly more likely to click on other sites on the first page. So if you can get your website about cats to appear on that first page you will get significantly more visitors which will result in significantly more income. SEO is the way you will go about trying to get your site on the first page.

Aaaaahh! That's so simple! How have I not understood that. Thanks so much, it makes a lot of stuff more clear now :)

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) it's pretty much what it is. It's basically optimizing your website to be able to make it rank higher on the search results of search engines. Search engines have bots that crawl the web in search for keywords. These keywords are what the users use to type when they're searching the web.

For example if you type in "SEO" in Google it will try to find sites and articles that have those words or letters in it and throw it back to the end user. But that's not say that just because your article or site is about "SEO" you'll be on top, no. That's where SEO comes in. You can hire somebody to do it for you or you can just do it yourself. It's basically a play on keywords. Tags and all that stuff, but overdoing it can sometimes cost you because nobody pleases an article about SEO where all you can see is a bunch of buzzwords just to make the article fly on top of the search engines.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds