Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Software Community Thread

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Hey everyone,

We're compiling a list of forums categorized by the software they're running on. If you're the proud owner or administrator of a forum running on XenForo, Invision Community, WoltLab, SMF, or any other platform, we'd love to feature you in our growing Software Community Thread

1. Reply to this thread with the name and link. Optionally you may add a description as you would promote it in our Directory but we will not add a description to the list.
  2. Once added, we'll periodically update the main post to feature your forum in our directory list.

Current Software Community List:
[To be updated with community submissions]

🌐 XenForo Forums:
🌐 Invision Community Forums:
🌐 SMF Forums:
🌐 WoltLab Forums:

Feel free to share this post and let's get a comprehensive list together! Thanks for your awesome contribution and for making our community even more vibrant and interconnected! :giggle:

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

We're compiling a list of forums categorized by the software they're running on. If you're the proud owner or administrator of a forum running on XenForo, Invision Community, WoltLab, SMF, or any other platform, we'd love to feature you in our growing Software Community Thread

1. Reply to this thread with the name and link. Optionally you may add a description as you would promote it in our Directory but we will not add a description to the list.
  2. Once added, we'll periodically update the main post to feature your forum in our directory list.

Current Software Community List:
[To be updated with community submissions]

🌐 XenForo Forums:
🌐 Invision Community Forums:
🌐 SMF Forums:
🌐 WoltLab Forums:

Feel free to share this post and let's get a comprehensive list together! Thanks for your awesome contribution and for making our community even more vibrant and interconnected! :giggle:
It's always hard to build a directory of active sites, so I applaud you for doing this. This is asked many, many times over at IPS.

It's always hard to build a directory of active sites, so I applaud you for doing this. This is asked many, many times over at IPS.
Feel free to redirect the owners and have them plug their link. ;) It's a free advertisement and it would be nice to have an active list. I'll check in frequently when adding a new one if there is one that closed down.

Curiosity question.... could you not use the prefixes in Link Directory (or Showcase if that's what you are using)? I know that you can filter based upon prefixes in it (at least on my site I can).

Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 8.54.28 AM.png

Would save a lot of work and I think you can mandate prefix use. Just have everyone that has already made an entry go back and use the appropriate prefix.

Extremely difficult to enforce. The staff would end up doing it themselves.
Not at time of creation... you simply require use of a prefix to create the entry.
As for those that already have sites... if it's not that important to them, then it's not that important to anyone else. ;)
And it's not much more work than creating an index to visit the site and manually go back in and select a prefix for it.

Last edited:
Forum Name: Fan Clubs
Forum Link: https://www.fanclubs.org/
Forum Software: Invision Community

A community for fans of Entertainment, Sports, and Content Creators

-----------------------------------------------------------

Forum Name: Domer Domain
Forum Link: https://www.domerdomain.com/
Forum Software: Invision Community

A community for fans of Notre Dame Football and Athletics

Hence why I only quoted the section about existing records. 😜
Since the Link Directory already has a custom field for the forum software being used... having a small add-on that converts that to a prefix should not be hard to do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor