Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should there be family treatment in business?

Credits
When I entered one store today I saw it written at the entrance that ‘business grows when family and friends pay for the services rendered to them’. I could not help but nod at the truthfulness of the statement. There should be no family in business, you should pay for every services rendered to you. Perhaps later if you can receive help, but you have to pay the equivalent of what you purchased first. So it is important to separate family treatment from business.

Advertisement Placeholder
There should not be family treatment in business. Once you start giving special treatment to your family members, your customers will be expecting you to extend the treatment to all of them. And also most of the families will take advantage of the special treatment you're giving them to do things that you'll not like.

There should not be family treatment in business. Once you start giving special treatment to your family members, your customers will be expecting you to extend the treatment to all of them. And also most of the families will take advantage of the special treatment you're giving them to do things that you'll not like.

Most of the customers may not even know that you are favouring your family members in the first place, as most businesses won't even reveal this in the first place.

I agree with this as well, when it comes to business, business is business and family matters or family treatment should not be included. The highest you can do in respect to a family member is to probably reduce the price a little, but you should not let it affect your business.

if you are a family member or a friend to a business owner, the only way to help such person to grow is when you pay for your goods or services whenever you come to patronize that person.

Yes, This is the truth. Though I have come across that quote before And I realize it is nothing short of the truth.
Business can only grow when Family and Friends treat it as one.
Patronise your Family that has a business and make sure you pay for the service.

If the family keeps on taking things from the shop without paying for them, they are just preparing for the business to fail. It would seem small but it is accumulating and would hurt the business badly.

When I entered one store today I saw it written at the entrance that ‘business grows when family and friends pay for the services rendered to them’. I could not help but nod at the truthfulness of the statement. There should be no family in business, you should pay for every services rendered to you. Perhaps later if you can receive help, but you have to pay the equivalent of what you purchased first. So it is important to separate family treatment from business.
Well, I don't know if we can escape from this. You know how Africans can be when it comes to family. There should be a bit family in business but it should not be all the time.

I do not think you should give your products and services for free to your friends and family as you are a business trying to make money. It is really good to give them huge discounts as they will do free promotion for you

I don't use my business and joke with my family. I told my staff that even if my siblings want to come and play game in my game shop, he should collect them money. Some families have crumbled businesses.

Most of the customers may not even know that you are favouring your family members in the first place, as most businesses won't even reveal this in the first place.
You're right. But some family members will went ahead to tell customers how much you're selling the product to them. And once you start giving them special treatment, they will turn it to right.
You're right. But some family members will went ahead to tell customers how much you're selling the product to them. And once you start giving them special treatment, they will turn it to right.

I think this depends on what works out for you perfectly, you are expected to do anything that will help you to be successful, this very important it's going to help your business a lot.

I don't think there should be any preferential treatment when it comes to patronage of your business. If you want to give your family gifts, you do out of pocket. Not with the business products.

Yes! I totally agree with this. Family should be treated just like every other customer in business. They should pay for the products and services they purchase. If they get used to taking on credit or for free, your business will fall.

Personally I think it depends on the entrepreneurs perception about business because I won't make a treatment for family members in my business though it's mandatory to help them out in terms of need of which I will make a budget independently of the business.

If the family keeps on taking things from the shop without paying for them, they are just preparing for the business to fail. It would seem small but it is accumulating and would hurt the business badly.
Nothing kills a business faster than this act, as business grows faster and better if family members and friends pay you money when they patronize your business
Nothing kills a business faster than this act, as business grows faster and better if family members and friends pay you money when they patronize your business

I think this depends on the skill set the person is having, if you have a good skills set you are going to earn a considerable amount of money, that's what really matters.

Absolutely no I believe. if you go one with the special family treatment in any business, they you may end up having nothing to show up.

Families should be treated independently of any form of business because it's for profit making and it should be abide by that principle.

In my country, this is prevalent in those who sell provision shops. Their children would be going to the shop to take things like noodles to use. In a twinkle of an eye, the shop would close and they would be looking for whom to blame.

Yes! I totally agree with this. Family should be treated just like every other customer in business. They should pay for the products and services they purchase. If they get used to taking on credit or for free, your business will fall.
They shouldn't be any special treatment for family in business if you want your business to grow. Once you start selling on credit, giving discount and giving product for free to your family members, your profit will start declining.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds