Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should I advice her?

A friend came to me today to discuss about a business she is about to venture in, the issue is I have heard about that business and I know it is not profitable, but do I advice her not to go into it? Because she didn't ask my opinion and she was so excited when telling me about it. I don't want to look like a spoil sport.
I think that it is better for you to tell her the truth than watch her waste her money by venturing into something that will not provide any profit. Don't fear looking unsupportive, she will be thankful later when realizes that you are right that the business is not profitable. You can even advice on a better alternative that is marketable.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well since she’s excited by the planning and all I don’t think it’s a good idea to advice about this, it’s better you let her try it out just advice her about the normal business ethics. Other people may have tried and wasn’t successful in the business but she can be. She shouldn’t put all her eggs in a basket.

I think it is better to let her know your views and opinions based on either your personal experience or learning. It will be more painful and devastating for her to fail and find out that you could've saved her a long time back but you chose not to just not to hurt her. Business decisions atimes can be painful but they have to be taken immediately they are required to be taken.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds