Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should an employee say "thank you"after receiving his pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookwormlux1

Captain Junkie
Credits
After working for your boss, you are an employee receives your payment, is it necessary to say "thank you"? Since you have put in a lot of effort to get the work done and he is only paying you for the work you did.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well for the sake of posterity I don't see anything bad in it. Personally I don't think so.

Yes the employee should say thank you after receiving his or her pay, that is a good way of expressing appreciation.

It's not bad for an employee to appreciate his boss by saying thank you after receiving his pay.

No it's not needed, you are not doing him or her a favour, when you pay your bills do you tell them thank you?
if the employee wants to say it, fine, but don't even think of it as something they should do.

Thank you is something that shows appreciation for favour received. There are many employers that do not pay workers in the end . Saying thank you does not cost anything .

Showing appreciation is a necessity , the Employer is giving the employee a pay as a reward for their hard work , why not thank the employer for maintaining the business and their hard-work aswell?
I think it shouldn't be over complicated with the rank scheme , as its a human interaction, and it helps create a connection

Saying thank you should not be a big deal. You can choose to say it or not and i don't expect any employer to feel bad about it if not said.

This reminds me of my first paycheck when I worked in a bank as computer programmer trainee. When the boss handed me the pay envelope I was so grateful that I was thanking him several times. He said that there is no need for that because that is my salary which I worked for and that came from the company and not from the boss. When I had my business I also said the same to my employees during payday. They have worked for the money so no need to say thanks. But they always do.

Giving thanks for some work that has been done is part of the education we have, like saying please, good morning, good night. It is something that we have instilled from small as values.

it makes sense to say thank you, even if it's your salary you worked for. and you as a person when you call someone to fix something in your house and you pay him, you say thank you for the service he offered to you and he thanks you for the payment. In my opinion :)

It depends on how the the employer treat me and his attitude, if he is nice i will say thank you, if other wise, i wont because he paid me for what i did
Lol. This is somehow funny though. That means employee need to be kind to their employee so as to have a good relationship in a way that makes them happy working for you.

Saying thank you or not after a pay doesn't define an employee. Personally, saying thank you to people is a part of me even when I help someone out, I still say thank you to the person. So I see no issue here.
You are right about this. It is just part of us humans to express gratitude whenever a favor is done to us. And this makes life sweet.

I think there is nothing wrong in saying thank you because he or she obviously pays you for your hard work, while there are some that don't get paid after their hard work

A kind-hearted employee should said thank you when he or she receive his payments, Is Not a must but at least is necessary to say thank you

If the payment is made at the right time, I see no reason why you shouldn't say thank you,it's just for appreciation

For me I see nothing wrong in appreciating your boss despite the fact you think you are putting all your energy and strength to work for him. It just a way of appreciating his efforts to complement your stress

Yes the employee should say thank you after receiving his or her pay, that is a good way of expressing appreciation.
Appreciation? Well let's say that would depend on the pay rate. if the payment is low then what's the point of saying thank you?

It does not really matter, at least he his being paid for the service render to the business. In fact workers deserve some loyalty bonus aside there normal salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds