Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Service Before Pay or Vice-versa?

Ojonuyo

Mythical member
Credits
We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their job.

Advertisement Placeholder
We hear sad stories of freelance workers who after performing and finishing a task perfectly do not get paid. While on the other hand, we know of some clients who pay upfront and get disappoint by the outcome of their job.
2 years ago I was also in the field of Freelancering. I did this job for learning new things ,not as job. But I got my payment on spot. But now I am hearing from many people that they are facing problems to receive their salary. It's sad news...

Since both of you and your costumer will be at risk . Will choose 50% down payment first before the service and another 50% after i finished. Just incase they decided to bail when i finished i still got 50% for the efforts and they will get nothing

I think service before pay first. That's why before starting any get paid to write service, read the reviews and testimonies from other writers to be sure they are legit and pay for services provided to them.

I've also heard from people who have wasted their time without getting paid, I still think the job should be canceled when it's done. To avoid a bad time for the employee, you should take your time and review the history of payments made by the employer, to verify that the site is legal and then comply with the required guidelines.

Before before or after is really inconsequential cause as long as they eventually pay I don't really mind, unless the person owes you money before or there's some stuff that's when it will matter if they pay first or not.

That should be a problem to be solved for the freelancing platform that is gaining series of complaints about unpaid wages after service or after payment. They should find the best answer to tackle this kind rising issues from entangling again. Because it might tarnish their progress by bringing bad names to their platform.

I think freelancing sites should have terms and conditions made favourable to both parties ,this will include mode of payment

Payment before service, just that you as a customer make sure you verify the authenticity of the client you are dealing with, payment after service is a bad idea . Or better still 50% down payment is nice too then you get balance after project completion

I think that paying before receiving a service is not good business. Dont know that all would agree with me as there are some vendors that sell their services here on WF and else where that you pay first and they produce a great service and on time.

It seems that everyone wants to be paid first then give the service but then guess what happens. Life gets in the way and they have nothing but excuses why they didnt provide on time. Even then they will sometimes provide you with crap.

There are so many people I know them personally who are not paid properly or not at all paid after giving free lance work

There was a site called Tagalog Forum that paid up front for the agreed 10 posts every day. Another site that offered me a posting contract was Supply Chain (of Australia). I was also paid in advance. Such 2 sites are good. However, the Tagalog forum last for less than a year and the Supply Chain went on for 3 years before the owner decided to close the forum and put if up for sale. I think until now it is for sale.

Considering that both sides will be at risk, it is best for the freelancing sites to step in and make a terms of condition or rules regarding this matter. Should a downpayment be implied to ensure that the transaction is legit, then once the work is finished, the client will settle the remaining amount.

Considering the times we in live in if I'm a client its going to be payment after services or if I'm to be lenient with you I will pay 35% upfront.
However if I'm a freelancer offering you my services i will demand for 50% upfront from you, that will committ you to the project I'm offering.

Most at times we used the word interchangely but it is practically service before pay because even the e-commerce platform will deliver product first before payment and same goes for as many people rendering services.

The best way to avoid this kind of issue is to register on a legitimate freelancing website like Fiverr and upwork and create an account with them. Whenever you receive order on the platform, they get your money and serve as an escrow system between you and the owner of the gig. When you deliver, they pay you and get their own commission.

Talking about online businesses, it is better to get paid before the service is rendered to avoid any misunderstanding later. At least 50% upfront. The same cannot be said about offline business because people only pay when the service has been rendered completely.

In most cases pay before service should be encouraged because we never can tell if the person will pay you after delivering your work or not so to be on a safer side, pay before service is better, I can only do service before pay for a loyal customer that I have known for over 5 years

That is why when working on freelance site you must work in a trusted and recognise freelance company online that after when people orders for your services they collect the money on your behalf and keep when you deliver the work for the person the person will just agree via a button and the money will be released to you, a good freelance online company always serve as an escrow between two parties to prevent cheating and dubious transaction between buyers and sellers.

The first situation might occur when you pitch your tent with freelance platforms when the buyer want to take advantage of you.

Some buyers will initiate a dispute though you have done the job perfectly. But this platform will somehow support them because the don't want bad reviews from their customers.

The case might be quite different if you scout for customers by yourself through outbounding. You will engage the service of an Escrow to facilitate the payment and handling of service.

You make a payment gate way on your website, in this case you gate paid before you deliver the service. The buyer can only request for review of the service not unnecessary refunds.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds