Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

SEO or Social Media Marketing?

Search engine optimization (SEO): SEO is about showing up in Google search results for your audience's search queries. ... Social media marketing: Social media marketing is about building relationships and brand awareness while engaging with your audience on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn.

Advertisement Placeholder
SMM's problem is the same as with search engine marketing. In other words, a lot of people are simply not far enough in the buying cycle to buy the product - without you having to put them on an email list or maybe market to them over and over via social media. Well, what I am trying to say is: "Don't expect big returns or any at all very quickly.".

Your assertion are very correct because social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and WhatsApp are taking over marketing platforms like SEO. This is the case because you will find more people on social network rather than on Google search which SEO is all about. Social network platform are the now and the future, I see them displacing the other marketing platforms.

Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing your online content so that a search engine likes to show it as a top result for searches of a certain keyword. .
While Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites to ... or service acquisition and activity to a growing number of consumers is defined as an influence network.
So in all, I'll opt in for SMM.

Currently almost all businesses online are leveraging on social media platforms as a medium to reach out to their potential customers because of its higher conversion rates.

Yea, social media marketing is more profitable than SEO. I think SEO is just a subset of social media marketing. Social media marketing includes other areas like blogging, copywriting, email marketing, local SEO, video production, vlogging, instagram, YouTube marketing and photography. So, you see SMM is more diverse, therefore it presents more opportunities to people

My thoughts on it is to start trying it myself soon. I intend to use twitter possibly in the coming days. Something I have not yet done but intend to do soon. Twitter may be what helps my site grow. If your good with hash tags I hear it can be huge with successful sites. Get a lot of twitter followers and use the right hash tags. Facebook can be good if you use the advertising option on facebook as well.

I think that SMM (social media marketing) is taking over SEO , as it is more effective , and more people are getting into it. What are your thoughts on this?
But I think SEO search engine optimization is more important because if you want real and unlimited traffic then you are content should be on the top of search this is only possible when you have done a good SEO.

SEO, if done correctly, will help you get regular traffic on your site. Whereas social media marketing needs to be done regularly, even frequently throughout the day. SEO will get you organic traffic, whereas social sites will get you referral traffic. Organic traffic converts better than social traffic. Traffic conversion means making money from your site.

To be very honest with you, social media marketing is easier to get but you will earn more from ads revenue while search visitors are gold and hard to get, you will earn more if someone visits your site through a search result.

Even though SEO is better than social media marketing, for a lot of people building traffic through SEO is quite difficult as they fail to rank high. If you don't rank high getting traffic becomes quite impossible.

Social media marketing can be quite effective in terms of sales as many people visit social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook nearly every day and also more than once during a day,but there can be huge competition in it also.

Well I'll prefer a mix of the two - though I've come to realize that social media marketing isn't as broad as SEO marketing because a lot of social media users are only there to be entertained buy those who go on search engines are really serious and interested in solutions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds