Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Selling crafts online?

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
Have you ventured into the area of crafts online to make money? If so, what sites did you sell on and was it successful?

I haven't sold my crafts yet, but my daughter sold some of hers. She had an Etsy store and recently closed it because the fees were too high. She's looking for an alternative and right now only has a webpage, but it doesn't get much traffic.

I was thinking maybe she needed to go into social media more and build up a following and try to get sales that. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
If you have skills in certain crafts, you might be able to profit good. Places like Etsy are massively popular because of the many hand crafted items you can buy. And if your hand crafted item is good quality enough, you might make some good money.

Selling crafts online can be very profitable. Remember, building a successful online craft business takes time, effort, and dedication. Stay consistent, continually improve your craft, and adapt to customer preferences and market trends to maximize your chances of success.

Selling crafts online can be very profitable. Remember, building a successful online craft business takes time, effort, and dedication. Stay consistent, continually improve your craft, and adapt to customer preferences and market trends to maximize your chances of success.

I think that it would be a far much better to learn arts and crafts and then try to sell products related to it. I think that @Melanie M sells arts and crafts. She gives it to her father who sells it for her, as far as I know. She could confirm that it is very important to learn initially before you create artwork and sell it.

I think that it would be a far much better to learn arts and crafts and then try to sell products related to it. I think that @Melanie M sells arts and crafts. She gives it to her father who sells it for her, as far as I know. She could confirm that it is very important to learn initially before you create artwork and sell it.
Yes, I was making these "beachy" air fresheners ⛱️ with real sand .. and before that, scented candles that smelled exactly like when you're staying at a beach resort and hanging out by the pool. It was so much more than just "coconut"-scented. Had to get that swimming pool scent in there too. That took a lot of trial and error. Thanks for the mention @Good-Person 🙂☀️

Yes, I was making these "beachy" air fresheners ⛱️ with real sand .. and before that, scented candles that smelled exactly like when you're staying at a beach resort and hanging out by the pool. It was so much more than just "coconut"-scented. Had to get that swimming pool scent in there too. That took a lot of trial and error. Thanks for the mention @Good-Person 🙂☀️

So those candles emit and release the scent of beach when you lit them up? I think that this is what you call creative art. I reckon that you use some kind of chemical in order to make them smell that way? There are many such kind of candles available in the market, I guess.

It can be very profitable; many people sell it and make good money, but it does require skills and effort. It's not easy, but you can definitely succeed if you have strong passion and skills.

I've heard the Etsy fees are expensive. Some of the people I know of that were on Etsy and built a following there and then moved her crafts then to a separate website. The biggest recommendation would be to create a TikTok and share her crafts! People who are interested will find them and she can link her website through a "link tree". Perhaps find a Facebook group that may be interested in her specific crafts as well.

I'm definitely not creative enough to make my own crafts, but I'm definitely appreciative of those who are!

So those candles emit and release the scent of beach when you lit them up? I think that this is what you call creative art. I reckon that you use some kind of chemical in order to make them smell that way? There are many such kind of candles available in the market, I guess.
Yep, and that's exactly what I had to compete with. But I never came across a candle that claimed to smell like a swimming pool, so I had that on my side. Until I found one from a place called " The Stinky Candle Company".. I purposely ordered one of them to see if 1.) It did indeed smell like a swimming pool, and 2.) So I could steal some of the wax from it to blend in with my already-scented coconut candles. It's called wax-shaving, and then you remelt the shavings to blend right in with any other wax.

Well, the candle I ordered did NOT smell like a swimming pool at all. 😂
It just smelled weird and was definitely not anything I could use.
Bleach is what gives off that swimming pool/chlorine smell.. but it was very risky to work with.
I had to research the effects of bleach under different conditions - heat, flame/fire, human & animal safety hazards, etc.
The safest (and strangest) way I got it to work was by just soaking the candle lids in bleach water overnight, and then tightly sealing each lid over the coconut candles. The wax absorbed the smell without me having to actually blend the bleach into the wax.
And then what you get is a coconut suntan oil 🥥 / swimming pool 💦 combo.

🌴🙂

Yep, and that's exactly what I had to compete with. But I never came across a candle that claimed to smell like a swimming pool, so I had that on my side. Until I found one from a place called " The Stinky Candle Company".. I purposely ordered one of them to see if 1.) It did indeed smell like a swimming pool, and 2.) So I could steal some of the wax from it to blend in with my already-scented coconut candles. It's called wax-shaving, and then you remelt the shavings to blend right in with any other wax.

Well, the candle I ordered did NOT smell like a swimming pool at all. 😂
It just smelled weird and was definitely not anything I could use.
Bleach is what gives off that swimming pool/chlorine smell.. but it was very risky to work with.
I had to research the effects of bleach under different conditions - heat, flame/fire, human & animal safety hazards, etc.
The safest (and strangest) way I got it to work was by just soaking the candle lids in bleach water overnight, and then tightly sealing each lid over the coconut candles. The wax absorbed the smell without me having to actually blend the bleach into the wax.
And then what you get is a coconut suntan oil 🥥 / swimming pool 💦 combo.

🌴🙂

It is good to see that you took necessary precautions while making the candle. I can tell you why bleach smelled exactly like swimming pool. Bleach's smell is just like that of chlorine. They actually put chlorine in the water and the scent of chlorine and bleach are quite similar. This is why you felt that bleach's scent is similar to that of swimming pool's smell. They are quite different. Swimming pool does not smell like a beach, obviously. 🌴🤽‍♀️🌊 :)

I do not have any skills to create arts and crafts, therefore, I have never ventured into this business model. However, if you have the skill you can sell through Amazon, Etsy, or eBay. I think Etsy is a better platform to sell arts and crafts. You can also sell via your website but you need considerable amount of regular traffic.

I tried etsy but the competition is tough there. I practically need to show off not just my creative side but my marketing ability as well. This is something that requires significant effort.

Have you ventured into the area of crafts online to make money? If so, what sites did you sell on and was it successful?

I haven't sold my crafts yet, but my daughter sold some of hers. She had an Etsy store and recently closed it because the fees were too high. She's looking for an alternative and right now only has a webpage, but it doesn't get much traffic.

I was thinking maybe she needed to go into social media more and build up a following and try to get sales that. What do you think?

EBay is one of my favourite sites when it comes to selling crafts online because it is something that I've been using for over 4 years right now and have equally made a lot of sales that have amounted to over $1000 online on the site.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds