Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

📢 Feedback Running ES and 3 letter searches not "found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy

Royal member
Credits
I thought that was one of the major reasons to install and use ES! ;)

Honestly.. was doing a search based upon my name and ASN and the search kept turning up this.

Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 6.12.09 AM.png

If you have not, it's time to rebuild your search index... I didn't have to do anything "special" on my install of XF to even get down to 2 letter searches (somewhat unique) being found. And honestly... ASN should qualify as somewhat unique.

Rebuilt it, but doesn’t solve the issue. We don’t have ES enabled though.

OK.. the "similar threads" function threw me off... typically that's native to having ElasticSearch enabled... guess y'all are running an add-on to provide it.

ES is nice for 2/3 letter searches that are not "common" words. I honestly don't know how beneficial that aspect would be here.. but for my niche, it's very helpful.

It’s been bugging me a bit since they aren’t as similar as they should be. I wonder if ES would solve that.

It’s been bugging me a bit since they aren’t as similar as they should be. I wonder if ES would solve that.
ES is well worth the money for me... it gives "natively" a LOT better search results.. and then if you pair it with Xon's ElasticSerch Essentials... it's really nice.
The Mac return is based upon the M1 chipset that is mentioned in the thread.

Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 7.23.38 AM.png

ES is well worth the money for me... it gives "natively" a LOT better search results.. and then if you pair it with Xon's ElasticSerch Essentials... it's really nice.
The Mac return is based upon the M1 chipset that is mentioned in the thread.

View attachment 1544
This is definitely something we'll look at then! :D

Can only say mostly nice things about ES. I’d like it if the memory footprint were lower, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest