Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Round vs Square avatars?

Britanica

Credits
My theme allows me to have either or. I am not sure which would be better or more liked by users. I do see some forums using round but most use square avatar boxes. Which do you think would be better in general as far as user approval and look/design?

Advertisement Placeholder
I know that apps tend to have circular icons, but I'm not sure as far as actual avatar boxes. I I think circle avatars would scare people to be perfectly honest.

I really don't think it matters. Both are fine. Personally, I would like to see more circular avatars.

I know that apps tend to have circular icons, but I'm not sure as far as actual avatar boxes. I I think circle avatars would scare people to be perfectly honest.

I see circles on mobile applications and profiles the most but on forums I mainly see squares like on here for example. I did see a few that used circles and it looked nice but the whole forum was kind of set up to make it look good.

Square is more appealing and easier to size. People who use avatars tend to use the same one over and over again for forums and social networking.

I think a circular avatar would be pretty cool just because I rarely see those.

I think either one if fine. Personally, I prefer the square ones more. When it comes down to it, I don't think it will make or break your site. As long as people like the content, that is what matters.

I think either one if fine. Personally, I prefer the square ones more. When it comes down to it, I don't think it will make or break your site. As long as people like the content, that is what matters.

I think the square ones are good for consistency, but I still would love to see a shift from square to circle just for something different.

I have noticed recently alot that social networks have been changing their members profile images from square to circle and also on pages, groups, etc.. on social networks too. :p tbh, i like both equally lol :p

I personally like the sqaure ones better. The circle ones cut off half your avatar.

Same here. I think the square shaped avatars are a lot better than the circle ones are. The circle shaped avatars cut off way too much of a person's forum avatar and makes it look ridiculous. I do not like it when forums switch to that avatar style format.

Well, honestly I prefer the circular avatars. They are more refined when compared to the square avatars, according to me anyway. Most of the themes, use square boxes rather than the circular ones. So, I don't have much choice. Right now I am using the square boxes but I would rather have the circles.

Most of the apps use circular avatars and I am using my phone quite a bit these days, to browse the forums. So, may be that is reason I am fond of circular avatars rather than square shaped avatars.
By the way, I am not talking about the main floating profile image. I am talking about the avatars in posts here.

When the face on someone's avatar fits nicely within the circle without anything cut off then i do think they are cool, but that doesnt always happen and yeah it look daft when there is bits cut off :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds