Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ronald Reagan

Jason

Legendary member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Some claimed he was literally an actor as president and didn't know what was going on. However, I doubt it. Anyway, how do you feel about his presidency? I was only a kid when he was president but I can remember those days very well.

How is that?
Very easy... was not a "my way or the highway" type person and was willing to work across the aisle for the betterment of the nation, but was smart enough to know how to get what he wanted.
But the biggest thing was... he was a "nice Republican" and VERY strongly conservative. I liked his eleventh commandment. Something a lot of current Republicans would do well to emulate. The ironic thing is many of those "loudmouths" in the current GOP would be calling him a RINO if he was alive and running for any office.

Reagan is looked at as a great president. He steered our country away from a very turbulent economic period. Reaganomics. Plus he had the appeal of not being a lifetime politician, like the vast majority of our legitimate candidates.

Very easy... was not a "my way or the highway" type person and was willing to work across the aisle for the betterment of the nation, but was smart enough to know how to get what he wanted.
But the biggest thing was... he was a "nice Republican" and VERY strongly conservative. I liked his eleventh commandment. Something a lot of current Republicans would do well to emulate. The ironic thing is many of those "loudmouths" in the current GOP would be calling him a RINO if he was alive and running for any office.

Right now, if you’re not kissing Trump’s ass, you get called a RINO, lol.

Reagan is looked at as a great president. He steered our country away from a very turbulent economic period. Reaganomics. Plus he had the appeal of not being a lifetime politician, like the vast majority of our legitimate candidates.

Right now, if you’re not kissing Trump’s ass, you get called a RINO, lol.
RINO means Republican In Name Only. ;)

Yep... Trump and his cronies bastardized the term. When you sit and call someone that voted over 95% of the time with the sitting Republican President a RINO because they "talked bad" about Trump, then replace them with someone who had a voting history of supporting the Republicans in the mid-70's range and since they changed to singing praises of Trump but they aren't called the RINO they actually are... it then becomes a cult of personality and not what the party stood for in the past.

I was born the last year he was president so I only know what I have read. I only started paying attention when Bush Jr was in office.

Well yeah, I wouldn’t have said that if I didn’t know that. :p

Yep... Trump and his cronies bastardized the term. When you sit and call someone that voted over 95% of the time with the sitting Republican President a RINO because they "talked bad" about Trump, then replace them with someone who had a voting history of supporting the Republicans in the mid-70's range and since they changed to singing praises of Trump but they aren't called the RINO they actually are... it then becomes a cult of personality and not what the party stood for in the past.

It’s certainly scary where the Republican Party has gone the last eight years. I’d like to think Trump’s old age will make all this go away when he’s out of the picture, but God knows then it’ll be Donald Trump Jr.

Well yeah, I wouldn’t have said that if I didn’t know that. :p

It’s certainly scary where the Republican Party has gone the last eight years. I’d like to think Trump’s old age will make all this go away when he’s out of the picture, but God knows then it’ll be Donald Trump Jr.

The problem with both parties is neither(outside one or two) of them know anything about our monetary system. Both parties are willing to fund deficits bigger and bigger each administration.

They don't understand that taxes largely don't really even fund our government. It is funded by teasury bonds which are by in large bought by the Federal Reserve. Where does the Federal Reserve get funds to buy these bonds? They don't have funds, they print new currency, and it is backed by the bonds. It is created out of thin air and backed by bonds they just bought with currency that didn't previously exist. So then why collect taxes when the government can create unlimited amounts of currency?

You pay taxes to uphold the illusion that you are funding the government. The current monetary system has been this way for 43 years now and has worked because of ignorance and blind faith but it is ultimately unsustainable and impossible to keep going forever.

Speaking of Trump, the Irish immigration didn't hurt Americans in the long run, maybe not in the short run. How is today similar or different?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds