Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Review TGA

When I first get to the forum I like the colors. Not the biggest fan of the banner - I think the font is the main thing that bothers me. The ghost image can be cute - so that could work! I like the category organization "Front Row, Tech Gaming, Audio" I would maybe turn Front Row into "Office and Lounge" but not a biggie. I would also find it kind of cool if you had a "View All" for people who like the forum layout all in one page. I like the content areas under each category. When I click "Forum List" that's in the header section it seems to direct me to the last section I was in, was this the goal?

I think you're on the right path! Just need a few more finishing touches. I would also recommend if possible to request a review in our site garage! We can recommend changes and even help implement them! https://admin-junkies.com/forums/site-garage.122/

First Impressions

It took a little bit of time to load. Nothing too off-putting but not as fast as I would have liked.

The navbar is off. It's floating across the header image. It should either be at the top or at the bottom of the header image as it makes it looks unpolished as it is now:

Image3.jpg
The Welcome message is a waste of space. Use it to explain what I benefit from joining. What features do you offer? What sets you apart from the competition? As it is now it's just a giant "REGISTER" button in the way of me seeing any content. I haven't yet seen what the forum is about so how do I know if I want to join - unless you tell me how awesome you are? Sell yourself.

Structure

I love the tabbed approach you got going on here. It's really smart and I haven't seen that used anywhere before. Really cool.

image_2023-09-18_143639005.png

The only thing I would change is the first tab seen. You forum is about tech, gaming and audio. It's not about Site News and Information. Perhaps change the default tab. Many forums now put their support sections at the bottom in a classic view. People don't join a forum to read about your latest team member or new style; they join to discuss the niche - T G & A.

In the TECH tab you have one thread in Android. One in Youtube and one in webdev. Do you need all those sections? Maybe reduce them and use prefixes to differentiate content. Similarly, in gaming there is one thread across three forums at the bottom. This makes the forum look empty. People don't join empty forums. Same applies to AUDIO tab. Making music is empty. Consider condensing these limited use forums to give the appearance of activity. You can always add new forums when you grow.

Content

Plenty of content, it's just spread too thinly across the boards. The other issue is that it takes too many clicks to get to anything I might want to read. You have a 'new posts' widget on your sidebar. Can you set it so that it only pulls specific content? Of the five I can see right now, there are 'question of the day' 90, 91 & 92. Where is the relevant niche content? I want to see TECH, GAMING and AUDIO. That's what you're selling.

I like the blog, but if you're going to use it make sure you use it. Schedule weekly or twice weekly posts. Get people interested by your articles and then pull them into the forum. Your article, "Has Twitch Finally Put The Final Nail In Its Coffin?" - have a link to your Streaming forum so that people can read the article and then go and see what else other people have talked about of a similar nature.

I clicked on shop. There was nothing to buy. I clicked on staff. It just gave me link to two profiles. Use this. Who are the staff? What is your expertise? Sell yourself. Don't be shy.

Final Thoughts

Interesting premise and a reasonably tight niche which could be popular if it was used correctly. Tech, gaming and audio go hand in hand. Of your 340 threads, only 100 are in your niche. This looks more like a general discussion board and I think you're missing a trick. What really is your focus? If it's TGA then concentrate on TGA and build up some content. Share this content on social media to draw people in. Youtube should be a serious source of traffic for you. Do you have a Youtube account? Where are your social media accounts?

Has potential; needs work. GLHF.

Edit: if you appreciate the time taken to review, I’m -52 credits in my AJ account. Tips are welcomed.

Last edited:
When I first get to the forum I like the colors. Not the biggest fan of the banner - I think the font is the main thing that bothers me. The ghost image can be cute - so that could work! I like the category organization "Front Row, Tech Gaming, Audio" I would maybe turn Front Row into "Office and Lounge" but not a biggie. I would also find it kind of cool if you had a "View All" for people who like the forum layout all in one page. I like the content areas under each category. When I click "Forum List" that's in the header section it seems to direct me to the last section I was in, was this the goal?

I think you're on the right path! Just need a few more finishing touches. I would also recommend if possible to request a review in our site garage! We can recommend changes and even help implement them! https://admin-junkies.com/forums/site-garage.122/
First Impressions

It took a little bit of time to load. Nothing too off-putting but not as fast as I would have liked.

The navbar is off. It's floating across the header image. It should either be at the top or at the bottom of the header image as it makes it looks unpolished as it is now:
The Welcome message is a waste of space. Use it to explain what I benefit from joining. What features do you offer? What sets you apart from the competition? As it is now it's just a giant "REGISTER" button in the way of me seeing any content. I haven't yet seen what the forum is about so how do I know if I want to join - unless you tell me how awesome you are? Sell yourself.

Structure

I love the tabbed approach you got going on here. It's really smart and I haven't seen that used anywhere before. Really cool.

View attachment 2169

The only thing I would change is the first tab seen. You forum is about tech, gaming and audio. It's not about Site News and Information. Perhaps change the default tab. Many forums now put their support sections at the bottom in a classic view. People don't join a forum to read about your latest team member or new style; they join to discuss the niche - T G & A.

In the TECH tab you have one thread in Android. One in Youtube and one in webdev. Do you need all those sections? Maybe reduce them and use prefixes to differentiate content. Similarly, in gaming there is one thread across three forums at the bottom. This makes the forum look empty. People don't join empty forums. Same applies to AUDIO tab. Making music is empty. Consider condensing these limited use forums to give the appearance of activity. You can always add new forums when you grow.

Content

Plenty of content, it's just spread too thinly across the boards. The other issue is that it takes too many clicks to get to anything I might want to read. You have a 'new posts' widget on your sidebar. Can you set it so that it only pulls specific content? Of the five I can see right now, there are 'question of the day' 90, 91 & 92. Where is the relevant niche content? I want to see TECH, GAMING and AUDIO. That's what you're selling.

I like the blog, but if you're going to use it make sure you use it. Schedule weekly or twice weekly posts. Get people interested by your articles and then pull them into the forum. Your article, "Has Twitch Finally Put The Final Nail In Its Coffin?" - have a link to your Streaming forum so that people can read the article and then go and see what else other people have talked about of a similar nature.

I clicked on shop. There was nothing to buy. I clicked on staff. It just gave me link to two profiles. Use this. Who are the staff? What is your expertise? Sell yourself. Don't be shy.

Final Thoughts

Interesting premise and a reasonably tight niche which could be popular if it was used correctly. Tech, gaming and audio go hand in hand. Of your 340 threads, only 100 are in your niche. This looks more like a general discussion board and I think you're missing a trick. What really is your focus? If it's TGA then concentrate on TGA and build up some content. Share this content on social media to draw people in. Youtube should be a serious source of traffic for you. Do you have a Youtube account? Where are your social media accounts?

Edit: if you appreciate the time taken to review, I’m -52 credits in my AJ account. Tips are welcomed.
Thanks for the suggestions
We will be starting some new updates over the coming weeks :D

First Impressions

Structure

View attachment 2169

Content

Final Thoughts

Thank you both,
i really needed this to show some improvement in my own art design, glad you like The ghost Inky and the whole Layout design

Hoping to make more change and improvement over the next few weeks :)

hello everyone, would like to hear back as @Fait and i done some small changes since the last review we had.
would appreciate the feedback as i've created a video to share since i cant put it on here so i uploaded on our tga youtube channel and ik the channel isn't fully done as well but its not our main focus, always welcome to check it out if you wanna see it for yourself.
we have created a very cool generate welcomes every times its been refresh
~pyro

Last edited:
I would rename "Other" to something else. I wouldn't know that's where I'm supposed to go for site updates, introductions... however I would myself assume general discussion would be there.

I like the welcome message changing! It's a cool feature in case users are browsing the community a few times before joining.

I would rename "Other" to something else. I wouldn't know that's where I'm supposed to go for site updates, introductions... however I would myself assume general discussion would be there.

I like the welcome message changing! It's a cool feature in case users are browsing the community a few times before joining.
i strongly agree with you on that, i try to get fait to make it something else other then the word "other' just wouldn't make no sense when he first change it to something else.

Eitd: i would like to mention that the other tab is office and lounge where all the main stuff is at, we did some changing since the last review you guys said something
(just in case you didn't got on the site and saw it yourself)

would you have any suggested that we could use for that tab?
and were glad that you really like what we have created for the welcoming guest messages whenever they come to visted :)

Last edited:
i strongly agree with you on that, i try to get fait to make it something else other then the word "other' just wouldn't make no sense when he first change it to something else.

Eitd: i would like to mention that the other tab is office and lounge where all the main stuff is at, we did some changing since the last review you guys said something
(just in case you didn't got on the site and saw it yourself)

would you have any suggested that we could use for that tab?
and were glad that you really like what we have created for the welcoming guest messages whenever they come to visted :)
I see you named the category office and lounge! I would at least label the tab "Lounge" if you're trying to keep it as one word, if you don't care about the number of words "Office and Lounge" is what I would have named the tab.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor