Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Retrenchment at workplace

I think the best option is to be honest with both yourself and your employees. the truth is the best though it may hurt but it's better to tell them at the right time when you dont have any other options.

Advertisement Placeholder
Whenever the staff of a workplace are not supported to increase their knowledge some things like this are very likely to happen. This is why it is important that you should give them school leave to improve their competency.

People will always be sacked from their workplaces which is why I believe that's whenever you are working for any business or company you should always have a back-up plan in case the date of your sack is due.
That is the reason why i would always advice persons that are into active service to always have something at the baground,so that things would not take one unaware while carrying out his duties.

That is the reason why i would always advice persons that are into active service to always have something at the baground,so that things would not take one unaware while carrying out his duties.
I have learnt a lot during the pandemic that it not advisable to stay on just one particular source of income , because if you loose it, it might be difficult for you to survive .

During the Corona virus pandemic a lot of businesses actually took the decision because they do not know any other thing to do. Some of them reduced the amount of money they are paying their workers.

I have learnt a lot during the pandemic that it not advisable to stay on just one particular source of income , because if you loose it, it might be difficult for you to survive .
That is just the fact,because the pandemic really teach lots of persons great lesson,some persons who have known and were practising some of these knowledge were better for it then.

I actually think that a lot of people are very quick to trying to lay off staff even though it does not warrant that. People should be able to come down and then look for other means of saving the company first.

That is just the fact,because the pandemic really teach lots of persons great lesson,some persons who have known and were practising some of these knowledge were better for it then.

Companies should try to look for other endeavours like stopping projects that are not necessary for the company's survival and they should not just be in a hurry to start sacking people.

There is definitely no way around it. If I felt the retrenchment is for the best interest of the business, I definitely will have to give the letter but in an appropriate manner. Though, I understand that it would hit really hard on the employee because it is a devastating news. But I'll rather make decisions that are best for the business success

Retrenchment at workplace normally happens Due to the fact that the company at having issues and don't have the neccesary fund to pay all the workers salary anymore .

I will just break the news the way I should but i will just assure them that they will be first people on my list to employ if the company can come back alive like before. I'm sure they will okay with any way i bring the news to them.

The most valuable thing in the human being is truth and honesty, and if you have made yourself known to your employees with those qualities, you will not have any problem. They will understand the economic situation and accept it. I say this with good reason because it has happened in many companies in my country today and the people I know do not blame the businessman. If not to the situation of the country.

you have a point here,i don't thing that most company owners would want to retrench their workers just like that,most of he times,the organisation cannot meet up with its obligations to its employees.
you have a point here,i don't thing that most company owners would want to retrench their workers just like that,most of he times,the organisation cannot meet up with its obligations to its employees.

I can easily separate emotions from the profession, therefore, it would not be very difficult to announce the layoff. As far as making the decision about which staff to lay off, I would check the performance. I will keep the best guy in the company

Assuming there is a major economic downturn in the the economy, most companies won't have any other choice but to lay off some workers to be able to stay afloat.

This decision is always going to be a very difficult decision for the company to take. Now let's say this is your company and you have no choice but to lay off some of these staffs that you are so fond of,how will you break this news to this workers to lessen the effect

No matter how you try to break the news, there are people that are always going to feel sad after getting sacked. A lot of people will definitely want to stay in a job. So, you will have to break the news to them either ways and believe that they will accept it in good faith. If you don't let some go, then the business might end up collapsing at the end of the day.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds