Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Read this if you have an inactive Paypal Account!

Patrik

Verified Noob :)
Credits
Paypal decided to charge 12$ from inactive users and accounts, which means, if your account has no transactions during a year (no money sent or received), paypal will charge 12$ from your account (or bank account if your Paypal account is attached to it), check your account before you regret that :).

Advertisement Placeholder
True, but you have to also mention that accounts with 0$ on them won't get charged, and if you log in once during the year I think this will not apply to your account as it will count it as active.

But why are they charging $12 for inactive accounts, why not just leave it. Shouldn't the users have freedom to use the account when they want to, the user may be busy with offline job and may not have to use PayPal only to come back a year later and pay $12. It's not reasonable.

That is normal, their is no problem with that. I don't see why users will dump their account for long when they know paypal makes money when they are active and transacting with their platform. That deduction is a means of raising awareness, so that their won't be dormant account on their site.

This is quite to haarsh farom paypal , was there any form out email notification with respect this ? , I think many people who have stopped using PayPal will fall victim to this new policy.
But , I don't think PayPal have direct access to someone account , without the person's approaval .

True, but you have to also mention that accounts with 0$ on them won't get charged, and if you log in once during the year I think this will not apply to your account as it will count it as active.
it will do if your paypal account is attached to your local bank as i stated in the main post :p
This is quite to haarsh farom paypal , was there any form out email notification with respect this ? , I think many people who have stopped using PayPal will fall victim to this new policy.
But , I don't think PayPal have direct access to someone account , without the person's approaval .
well, nobody got a notification for that, it's pretty easy to avoid it, unattach your credit card and you are good to go, otherwise they can't cut it from your account if it has zero balance

Thank you so much for this information, but I see no reason why PayPal should do that. Why should I be charged for not using my account? What if I do not have any reason to use that account because that is definitely not my only source of paying or receiving money.

Paypal decided to charge 12$ from inactive users and accounts, which means, if your account has no transactions during a year (no money sent or received), paypal will charge 12$ from your account (or bank account if your Paypal account is attached to it), check your account before you regret that

This is a very big blow on the part of those that has a PayPal account.
$12 is a big amount of money for just being inactive for one year.
They have to consider that there are factors that contribute to inactive account in most cases.
Anyway this information to me is going to be a very big discouragement to those who wish to open a PayPal account.

They would charge as far as there is money in the PayPal account but this will discourage saving and use of PayPal, anyway, I use paypal at intervals so I need not worry abut the charges, hope they work on this,

That is normal, their is no problem with that. I don't see why users will dump their account for long when they know paypal makes money when they are active and transacting with their platform. That deduction is a means of raising awareness, so that their won't be dormant account on their site.
This is not normal. If you really know PayPal, you will not be saying this. PayPal is notorious for different scheme of scooping money from users.

If you send money, you will be charged, the same when you receive. If you receive certain amount, you account will be closed.

As if those ones are not enough, they still want to charge for not using the account. Why would they charge that? The best they can do is to close the accounts.

If other websites like Payoneer, Perfect Money, Skrill etc are doing that, everyone would be in debt. More reason why I detest Monopoly.

This is not normal. If you really know PayPal, you will not be saying this. PayPal is notorious for different scheme of scooping money from users.

If you send money, you will be charged, the same when you receive. If you receive certain amount, you account will be closed.

As if those ones are not enough, they still want to charge for not using the account. Why would they charge that? The best they can do is to close the accounts.

If other websites like Payoneer, Perfect Money, Skrill etc are doing that, everyone would be in debt. More reason why I detest Monopoly.
Hmm, you also made a point with your view about how it looks like for paypal to charge that kind of amount. They got their reason for that, but what if those people are not in possession of their account maybe based on serious health issues.

The biggest recent update Paypal did to their system, was the tie in of paypal accounts created in certain countries, to regional and national banks, based on where someone lived at in those countries. For example, I can now use my account similar to a bank account, by doing direct deposits to the account from any company I may work at, and from the government. The inactive fee, is basically their way to recoop the cost of them being charged to open the bank checking accounts initially.

While I don't exactly agree with it, I do understand why they would make that decision.

Companies like PayPal do need to recooperate costs somehow, whether it be through fees from transactions, or fees to access the account, if you went inactive or if you had a dispute against your account.

Paypal decided to charge 12$ from inactive users and accounts, which means, if your account has no transactions during a year (no money sent or received), paypal will charge 12$ from your account (or bank account if your Paypal account is attached to it), check your account before you regret that :).

This is unbelievable to say the least. Charging an inactive account for services not provided is one of the policy many should kick against. On what ground will PayPal do this? I will like to know.

If I don't receive or send money money in a year but I still log in on my account, would that mean it's inactive? Right now, I'm active and receiving money but I won't know for sure in the future. I don't want to lose $12 because inactivity.

Thank you for sharing the information but I have not yet received any e-mail in which it is written. Well, it would be a bad step to deduct twelve dollars from the accounts if there is no transaction for one year.I am from pakistan and i don't operate paypal in pakistan but my account is created, even if there is any chance of deduction etc٫ my bank account is not attached

I don't think charging people while their account is inactive is the best thing to do. If their account is inactive it shows they don't have anything to do with it either through sending or receiving. With the way PayPal is been harsh on their customers with different policies, I won't be surprised if they lose most of their customers to payoneer.

it will do if your paypal account is attached to your local bank as i stated in the main post :p

well, nobody got a notification for that, it's pretty easy to avoid it, unattach your credit card and you are good to go, otherwise they can't cut it from your account if it has zero balance
So only bank? If I have a card attached to my account will it charge me? I read somewhere that it doesn't matter. I think it's good for their business, but I think it's something easily avoidable, and if you have your paypal and don't use it what do you have it for lol

So only bank? If I have a card attached to my account will it charge me? I read somewhere that it doesn't matter. I think it's good for their business, but I think it's something easily avoidable, and if you have your paypal and don't use it what do you have it for lol
that's right, they charge it from your account, the thing about inactive account, is that some people use their paypal accounts only often and have it only for online shopping that can be done rare in some people cases

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds