Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Plugins

Claraviolet

Renowned member
Credits
Well, mybb provides thousands of plugins to customize our forums.
Still, adding too many plugins will increase the page loading time. So, we need to be really careful in choosing plugins for our forums.

What about you guys? How many plugins do you think are sufficient for a forum?
As for me, my forum is an entertainment forum, so..I have 20 plugins installed in my forum :D

Advertisement Placeholder
I have many uploaded but not in use.
To manage my website, only 7-8 plugins are working and they are working perfectly.
Having too much plugins might take up extra resources as well, so I keep them as least as possible.

As of right now, I only have 3 plugins installed with the PluginLibrary to make one of them work. So you can count that as 4 if you really want too. :) Although I do plan on perhaps having 2 or 3 more plugins which will really help some features on my project, I will probably make sure I only stick with about 6 or 7 plugins. I sometimes find throwing too many plugins in will just make your forum look unpleasant and sometimes it'll just slow it down.

I prefer to stick to the plugins what are more needed than the plugins which just make your forum 'pretty'.

I didn't know that, people tend to use plugins only when they are absolutely necessary. I do understand the concerns about resources and page load time, still I don't think I can deactivate any plugin at this point of time :D

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds