Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Piggy box: for small or big savings?

Putting out a savings in a secluded area such as a piggy box is actually a disclipline way of saving,it takes a lot of discipline to be a ble to sustain such habit and allow it grow without touching the money when you are stressed.

Advertisement Placeholder
Piggy Bank from it's name is for small savings, anyone should know that it's little little money inside or for a certain target to meet

The piggy bank could be used to save large amounts of money too. I could remember that a commercial bank in my country created an electronic piggy bank. It's nice to have it around.

I will go for small savings with Piggy vest because it's usually for miscellaneous reasons or something I didn't plan for, I can't make big savings in it because it is a risky one, anyone could break into the house and elope with it. My big savings goes to the bank.

Most of these things will depend on the size of the piggy box, There are some bigger size and there are some smaller one, The biggest size as I understand will take a lot of time before you are able to completely filled it and some people won't have the patience to do it
.. but that is the best.

Piggy bank can be used for both small and big savings. I prefer to go for the bigger one as it will give me chance to save more money. But most people find it difficult to make use of this piggy bank.

Well, piggy bank has different shape and sizes, so it depends on the goal you've set out to achieve. I'll definitely start saving again using piggy box, it really helped me in 2019. Next year 2022, I would try to adopt this model .

I will go for small savings with Piggy vest because it's usually for miscellaneous reasons or something I didn't plan for, I can't make big savings in it because it is a risky one, anyone could break into the house and elope with it. My big savings goes to the bank.
Yes.
The piggy box would be better off for smaller savings.
Bigger savings should go to the bank for security reasons.

December last year, there was a lady on social media who broke her piggy box and to the surprise of many realised more than a hundred thousand naira. Most people who save with the piggy box think it can only accommodate small savings and so do not care to save huge amounts of money.
Let me know your thoughts on this. Is the piggy box meant for just small savings?
I also have a female friend that broke her piggy bank last year to be exact and she has three times the girl that broke her piggy bank on social media has, piggy bank I also meant for big saving , at least my friend saved for a whole year.
[automerge]1639912632[/automerge]
In my country situation currently with the poor banking system in Nigeria , I will prefer saving my money in piggy bank rather than saving in the bank, imagine wanting to make a transaction on your phone and the transaction is not successful, bank keep removing #6.86 on my account everytime I dial the code.

Last edited:
I have never save any amount of money on piggy box. Many people are saving on piggy box but I have never give it a trial. Many one day I should.
Likewise me,but according to what he just said I think both small saving and big saving can be done on it,dont you think the both of them can be able to use that method.

I have several piggy banks at home and my wife has more (also at home). Right now my estimate on the aggregate contents of all the piggy banks in our home will exceed $2,000 which is big money here. However, our piggy bank, particularly those owned by my wife is not exactly for savings but for lucky charm. The more money you have then the luckier you become.

Even though I have not saved using piggy box before, but I want to say that it is really important for one to learn how to save something from any amount that comes one's way as it will grow gradually which will be very useful in the rainy days. That is my thoughts though.

Your piggy box will store only the money that you place inside it, it will not grow your money, it will not multiply your money. IN order to save money on your piggy box, you need n income where you are keep your money inside the box on regular basis
This is actually why I don't really waste my time trying to save money in a piggy box because I would only have the money stay in there and it will be depreciating in value which is why I prefer to invest my money as a means of saving it and I will be making more profit on the money.

Everything is dependent on the individual. The piggy bank or box can be built to whatsoever size the person wants it to be and then it'll be able to accommodate any amounts you wish to save in it.
We're the limitations really.

Everything is dependent on the individual. The piggy bank or box can be built to whatsoever size the person wants it to be and then it'll be able to accommodate any amounts you wish to save in it.
We're the limitations really.
That's true though, you can actually pay a carpenter to help you construct it the way you want it or you could simply by more than one and use them all together. Another thing that actually limits us as well is our discipline to actually save.

I have several piggy banks at home and my wife has more (also at home). Right now my estimate on the aggregate contents of all the piggy banks in our home will exceed $2,000 which is big money here. However, our piggy bank, particularly those owned by my wife is not exactly for savings but for lucky charm. The more money you have then the luckier you become.

$2,000 is a big amount and I reckon that many people would prefer saving that amount in a commercial bank rather than keeping that amount in a piggy bank at home.

I think the piggy bank is for whatever savings, it could be either large or small savings depending on how much you save daily. I find it quite amusing that people use piggy banks, that is nice.
From my observation I believe that women are the ones that are likely to be making use of piggy banks to save money at home especially from their allowances they get from their husbands.

Personally, I don't think it is ideal to save large amounts of money in a piggy bank for security reason. In this current time the best is to have a fixed deposit account where you can save money gain interests.

Piggy box can be for small or big saving s. The were two close friends which they like their self dearly so they both decided to get a piggy box for savings for every month and they find out that the token became a total sum of 50000 to 60000 . It's only depends on how or what you determine to achieve but nevertheless a bank will accommodate more money. I prefer the best for savings, that is the bank.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds