Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Palestine & Israel

The Raven

Reputable member
Credits
There is a war going on in Palestine and this time innocent civilians are being killed instead of any militants. This action is against any law of warfare and whole world is chilling and watching it. But, nothing new under this sky to be expected from US and UK.

Anyway, from this very intro you can see who's side I support. But I want go into details of such matter. What do you think of this in general people? Where is this situation heading and could there be a possible ww3 if things get out of control?

Advertisement Placeholder
Nobody is going to WWIII. The world leaders these days are trained in the playbook of limited warfare and controlling escalation. It will be very hard to drive them into full-on war with nuclear weapons conveniently available.

The Israel-Hamas conflict is a deeply complex and multi-layered issue, with roots stretching back over decades of historical, political, and territorial disputes. Understanding the dynamics at play here requires recognizing the broader Israel-Palestine conflict, which encompasses issues far beyond just the actions of Hamas, including Palestinian statehood and Israeli security concerns.

Hamas, designated as a terrorist organization by several countries, has been a key player in the escalation of violence, particularly due to its attacks against Israeli civilians. This has significantly influenced the conflict dynamics and the situation in both Gaza and Israel. However, it's crucial to understand that the conflict is not just about Hamas; it's also about a range of political, historical, and territorial disputes.

One of the most contentious aspects of this conflict is the use of civilian areas by Hamas for military purposes, which complicates matters significantly. Israeli military responses, though targeting Hamas, often result in civilian casualties in Palestinian areas, leading to international humanitarian and legal concerns. The ethical and legal implications of warfare in civilian-populated areas are a subject of ongoing debate and concern.

Granted, Hamas has put Israel in a situation where it cannot sit back and do nothing. The direct attack on Israeli citizens has started this conflict and created the chain of events that has caused Israel to attack civilian areas in return as they are often where terror groups hide military assets. There is nothing unexpected happening in this war and therefore it is pretty easy for me to point the finger at Hamas who pulled the initial trigger.

Regarding the potential escalation into a global conflict like World War III, the current consensus among analysts is that this is unlikely. The involvement of major global powers has primarily been through diplomatic channels or limited military support, and there's a general reluctance to escalate the situation into a larger ground war. The conflict, while having significant regional implications, hasn't reached a level that would necessitate a global military response.

Finally, the path to resolving this conflict involves addressing both immediate security issues and the long-term political goals of both Israelis and Palestinians. It's a situation that evokes strong emotions and opinions worldwide due to its impact on human lives and the historical context surrounding it. Sadly, I see no way that Hamas is lowering its level of extremism to open more political channels and over the past few decades, we have seen hopes of a free Palestine, that are likely gone forever now.

There is a war going on in Palestine and this time innocent civilians are being killed instead of any militants. This action is against any law of warfare and whole world is chilling and watching it. But, nothing new under this sky to be expected from US and UK.

Anyway, from this very intro you can see who's side I support. But I want go into details of such matter. What do you think of this in general people? Where is this situation heading and could there be a possible ww3 if things get out of control?
Nobody cares because it's brown people. Sad, but true. The western world will sit idly by and watch the IDF systematically take Gaza apart and won't lift a finger. There'll be no condemnation as we still hold a collective guilt of the way the jews were treated in World War 2. Look at the difference between this and the response to the invasion of Ukraine.

That said, I do believe that Israel has a right to defend itself. The 7th October attack by Hamas was the Israeli equivalent of 9/11. Look what happened there. I what link should we draw? Yes, the US response to 9/11 was to bomb brown people.

Nobody cares because it's brown people.

This isn't true and I suggest amending your comment. Our politicians do a lot of things that are out of our control, starting wars is one of them. Support for all cultures happens everywhere. We want everyone to know that everyone is welcome here and we care about you.

One example is Greta Thunberg and her care for everyone. So please, do not feel alone, regular people have care for all peoples.

This isn't true and I suggest amending your comment. Our politicians do a lot of things that are out of our control, starting wars is one of them. Support for all cultures happens everywhere. We want everyone to know that everyone is welcome here and we care about you.

One example is Greta Thunberg and her care for everyone. So please, do not feel alone, regular people have care for all peoples.
I don't think he is Arab at all.

This isn't true and I suggest amending your comment.
My comment may have been glib, but if it draws your attention to how differently we treat certain races then it did it’s job. Sorry to shake you out of your white middle class daydream.
I’ll again draw your attention to the difference between how the world responded to the invasion of Ukraine compared to the (let’s call it what it is) invasion of Palestine. The world rallied behind Ukraine. The world shrugged its shoulders at Palestine. In fact, the US came out in support of Israel!
It’s the same story with conflicts in Africa, Asia, the Middle East. We are preconditioned to identify more with people who look like us, act like us, speak like us. So when I said ‘nobody cares’ it’s a very general societal reference and not a reflection on the individual. Of course ‘some people’ care. But the vast majority are willing to go about their business without actually giving a shit.
You care, I care, so clearly my comment was intended to draw attention to prevailing attitudes. So no, I won’t change it, thank you very much.

Our politicians do a lot of things that are out of our control, starting wars is one of them.

I suggest amending your comment. Unless you’re under the age of 18 you can vote. The government in power are put there by society. Their decisions are our decisions. We are ultimately responsible for for the actions of our politicians. If you want your local MP/congress person or national equivalent to protest the plight of the Palestinians, write to them and tell them. They’re are your representative after all.

We are preconditioned to identify more with people who look like us, act like us, speak like us
Not true. I am sad for those Arabs as well as are my friends. Many people made riot around the world to support Arabs and they are not Arabs. So, you are not right about this.
The government in power are put there by society
You must be really delusional to think that people chose anybody in place of power. I mean, truly delusional.

Nobody cares because it's brown people. Sad, but true. The western world will sit idly by and watch the IDF systematically take Gaza apart and won't lift a finger. There'll be no condemnation as we still hold a collective guilt of the way the jews were treated in World War 2. Look at the difference between this and the response to the invasion of Ukraine.
I would not say that people do not care about Arabs or "brown people", but there is something to be said that many people are likely desensitized to conflict within the Middle East and therefore are less likely to get overly involved as "it is just another war".

Granted, this conflict is also far from the straight forward Ukraine conflict, so comparing the two's support isn't very effective. If Ukraine had been the aggressor (like the case with Palestine), Russia would likely be in control of Kriv and no one would even be talking about the war at this point. You simply can not play victim when you started the fight.

Not true. I am sad for those Arabs as well as are my friends. Many people made riot around the world to support Arabs and they are not Arabs. So, you are not right about this.
Negative, I am right about this. It's genetics. It's how early tribes survived. I too am 'sad' about the Palestinian problem. I'm not saying that we cannot feel sympathy for the Palestinians. I do too. My point is that we are genetically predispositioned to feel more empathy for people who look like us. Society has come a long way. Modern humans emerged around 300,000 years ago and you cannot undo 300,000 years of genetic inheritance in the space of a couple of hundred years. It's the same reason why when someone yawns others yawn too (the yawn was a tribal sign that it was time to rest). It's the same reason we get that irritating situation where as soon as you enter a room you forget why you went in (we needed a different mindset when moving from the safety of the cave to the outside). You cannot argue genetics. It is what it is.

You must be really delusional to think that people chose anybody in place of power. I mean, truly delusional.
If you're going to be offensive then that's your call. I believe in democracy. Yes, it's been corrupted by money, but we still vote for who we wish to represent us.

If you don't think it makes any difference then don't vote. If you don't vote you forfeit your right to complain.

Negative, I am right about this. It's genetics. It's how early tribes survived. I too am 'sad' about the Palestinian problem. I'm not saying that we cannot feel sympathy for the Palestinians. I do too. My point is that we are genetically predispositioned to feel more empathy for people who look like us. Society has come a long way. Modern humans emerged around 300,000 years ago and you cannot undo 300,000 years of genetic inheritance in the space of a couple of hundred years. It's the same reason why when someone yawns others yawn too (the yawn was a tribal sign that it was time to rest). It's the same reason we get that irritating situation where as soon as you enter a room you forget why you went in (we needed a different mindset when moving from the safety of the cave to the outside). You cannot argue genetics. It is what it is.

If you're going to be offensive then that's your call. I believe in democracy. Yes, it's been corrupted by money, but we still vote for who we wish to represent us.

If you don't think it makes any difference then don't vote. If you don't vote you forfeit your right to complain.
Ah, modern science believer, monkeys, evolution. That's the core of your wrong thinking. Yeah, no need to continue discussion.

Oh, jesus, another bible basher. :ROFLMAO:

Agreed. There is little to be gained from me trying to reason with someone who believes their imaginary friend is real.
And I am so glad I banned you from my thread for a month. :qweqwewqe:

Oh The Drama GIF by MOODMAN

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds