Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

One liner posts

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
How do you deal with members who post one liners and nothing else?

Do you allow this sort of thing on your forum?

By one liners I mean short posts that really don't contribute or add to the conversation any.

Many one liners posters have signature links and may be trying to just get people to click on their link.

Do you that is the case or something else?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yeah this happens on every forum, can be annoying. Really depends as a one line post can add something to a discussion but it can be annoying if it's boring content that doesn't offer anything. I wouldn't say anything unless it was a post exchange as that wouldn't be fair haha

I always try to put thought into my posts on forums. However, since I'm bad at writing sometimes I feel like I'm come across as just posting to post.
I do feel that sometimes one liners can offer something.
Members who only post one-liners, though. That is annoying, I agree.

I usually PM them first about it, then warn them if they keep spamming. It's considered spam on my communities.

I'm not sure if I would treat it as spam unless they're truly trying to spam a link.

I've seen some people with no links at all do nothing but post one liners.

But if there is a signature link, chances are, it's spam.

I discourage it, but the only place I don't allow it is within debate sections and such as the goal is to spark discussion and well... debates. Otherwise they mostly just get lost in the conversation and I never found a solid approach to removing them as even in real person conversation many people will just offer random one liners in the middle of stuff.

I'm not sure if I would treat it as spam unless they're truly trying to spam a link.

I've seen some people with no links at all do nothing but post one liners.

But if there is a signature link, chances are, it's spam.
But if they're only posting 1 liners, I don't tolerate it personally on my communities.

Last edited:
But if they're only posing 1 liners, I don't tolerate it personally on my communities.

Interesting. I would think that would repel potential sign ups, do you have much push back on it when you tell people?

Interesting. I would think that would repel potential sign ups, do you have much push back on it when you tell people?
I want quality posts, not 1 liners. I don't care about stats personally, it's just a hobby. And I could care less about "potential" sign ups.

Although I'm not a big fan of one-liners, I typically won't ban for them unless it is a spamming attempt.

And I feel like those are easier to detect.

More than anything, I'll engage someone one-lining to post more by asking for clarification and such :cool:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds